Looking for 3 bed furnished propery near aberfoyle

Bayfords

Congrats on the visa grant :)

Aberfoyle and the surrounding suburbs don't usually have furnished rentals. Pretty much all the ones I've seen are unfurnished.

To give you an idea of what is available in the area to rent atm check out this link to realestate.com.au

http://www.realestate.com.au/rent/property-house-with-3-bedrooms-in-aberfoyle+park%2c+sa+5159%3b/map-1

There is a good amount available atm in and around the area you are interested in.

Personally I'd not go over as far as O'Halloran Hill or Reynella East but that is just me. I am not keen on being sandwiched between the main roads down in to Adelaide, or close to them, traffic and noise put me off.

Also, if you have kids, school zones or choice can affect a longer term decision on where exactly to settle.

If you are thinking to settle in or around Aberfoyle Park but only want a furnished rental for a short while, perhaps look at holiday let options elsewhere, usually in the coastal suburbs or closer to the city suburbs, or look into house sitting (there is a website a few people I know have used to do the house sitting thing) and then look for an unfurnished once here.

Edited by snifter
typo

Have you tried any of our other members with furnished short term rentals? If you check the AA section, there are a number of sticky threads at the top of the page advertising these. Hopefully one of them may be available and suit you :)

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/accommodation-available/

Edited by snifter

They call March over here "Mad March" due to the number of events we have here at that time so book soon if you find something suitable. There are also some commercial sites which you can look up, including Airbnb (if you don't mind sharing a house you could pick up a good price per night), also places like Stayz - the advantages of these are that you can usually put in your dates and it will come up with the homes that are available. Airbnb is likely to be the best priced ones, they don't just have the "share" homes you can book a whole house too. I think a few people who are members on this site have used that site to book their arrival accommodation.

Guest Guest75
They call March over here "Mad March" due to the number of events we have here at that time so book soon if you find something suitable. There are also some commercial sites which you can look up, including Airbnb (if you don't mind sharing a house you could pick up a good price per night), also places like Stayz - the advantages of these are that you can usually put in your dates and it will come up with the homes that are available. Airbnb is likely to be the best priced ones, they don't just have the "share" homes you can book a whole house too. I think a few people who are members on this site have used that site to book their arrival accommodation.

Yep it sure is Mad March, booking taken a year in advance for this month,it's still fairly peak season as well so prices are high.

Ooh hello @Bayfords - I just saw that you're currently living in South Ockendon! I went to college in Aveley so hello to your part of the world from me!

Just wanted to add to someone's post above about Airbnb - I have used them and been really impressed and they really seem to be going from strength to strength. Is there a specific reason you are looking at Aberfoyle Park? Have you got friends there already or a school picked out?

Good luck finding somewhere, and shout out when you arrive if you need any help with anything.

Guest Guest75

AirBnB are not bad but you really need to ensure what you are booking as I read quite a few horror stories.

Some prices ain't bad - we advertise on there but it's more expensive booking us on there as the site do charge both the guest and us some not insignificant fees.

The advantage of Airbnb though is you open up a whole range of accommodation options that you don't have if you just go for the people letting accommodation as their main source of business, and also a lot more areas. We stayed in a great place in Sydney, right in the centre for a fraction of the price we'd have paid for a hotel or apartment block. Some people live in an apartment for the majority of the year, and just move out during busy times when they'd rather be somewhere quieter, and they can let out their place for a bit of extra income.

The advantage of Airbnb though is you open up a whole range of accommodation options that you don't have if you just go for the people letting accommodation as their main source of business, and also a lot more areas. We stayed in a great place in Sydney, right in the centre for a fraction of the price we'd have paid for a hotel or apartment block. Some people live in an apartment for the majority of the year, and just move out during busy times when they'd rather be somewhere quieter, and they can let out their place for a bit of extra income.

Going to give AirBnB a try for a mini break neat year :)

In many ways I think as times and peoples needs/wants change and the internet allows so many more options over the conventional, this sort of thing is going to be a growing market. Of course, migration is not a holiday but even people who have migrated have when they arrived here gone the house sitting route or Air BnB or other means. Be it for budget reasons or simply they could not book a house or apartment or some such when/where they needed, there are other options around they can consider.

Hoping that the OP has had some luck and found something to get them started, at least for a couple of weeks :) I did check out the aussiehousesitters site for SA/Adelaide and had a look for the March time and there are places listed. Albeit not in or adjoining Aberfoyle Park but if its a temp just arrived thing till you find a longer term rental in the area you are wanting, it may be something to consider. I know of a couple of people on here who did house sitting when they migrated and it worked well for them and their families.