Recommended areas to look at please

Mazza227

Hallett Cove is very popular. You might decide to stay there!

How old are your children?

A few minutes down the coast are more suburbs worth a look. Have a look at the Port Noarlunga area and the Seaford area. They are very popular seaside suburbs for new migrant families. The principal of Port Noarlunga primary is very helpful and will arrange for you to see the new school.

Thanks is for your reply, children are 8 & 6. I've heard Hallett cove is nice so definitely one to consider, will check out the others too.

Hallett Cove is very popular. You might decide to stay there!

How old are your children?

A few minutes down the coast are more suburbs worth a look. Have a look at the Port Noarlunga area and the Seaford area. They are very popular seaside suburbs for new migrant families. The principal of Port Noarlunga primary is very helpful and will arrange for you to see the new school.

Do you know where you are likely to be working? Or what your rental budget is? Both could be a factor in where you decide to settle, or in ruling out areas that are too expensive or far away from work. For areas near the sea I would check out all the suburbs from Moana up to Semephore. And possibly even further south if work isn't an issue. They all have a bit of a different feeling and you will find you prefer some over others. If you know your budget you could look at realestate.com.au for rentals and rule out anywhere that would be too expensive. Personally I prefer not to be near the sea, but if I had to choose a beach suburb to live in I'd probably go for Brighton or maybe Hallett Cove. Or possibly Glenelg somewhere a reasonable distance from Jetty road. But that's me. You might prefer a completely different type of suburb.