Looking for a rental allowing 2 small dogs

kirstyn

hi everyone after 4 long years of trying move across to Adelaide we are finally coming at the end of May, 8 weeks away eek. We despeartely need a rental allowing for our 2 small dogs. Would like half an hour give or take from glenelg area. W are willing to pay rent upfront and indemnity for the dogs , which i can assure they are very well groomed and behaved. leas help in a panic now. We have 3 adult kids, also well behaved lol. So excited to be starting our new lives.

Guest Husky

As you are coming in what is nearly winter..have you tried messaging some of the people who advertise rentals om here. You never know they may allow you to keep a pet in the short term..you can then hunt for a rental ..plus they will be able to act as a referee for you when its comes to how your pets behave. We own a rental and our tenant has 2 dogs...so if you need any advice let me know.

Following on from others, I'd look to booking a short term rental for a few weeks to give you breathing room to find an area you like and want to be in rather than renting blind as it were and being stuck somewhere you don't like.

Also consider your dogs following you out a bit later so as to give some breathing room and not have them in the short term rental with you. Is quarantine is about 10 days now? If they flew out 10 days or so after you and then did their 10 days, you'd have a few weeks to get organised securing a longter term rental.

I sugges this as you say half an hour from Glenelg and depending on which direction you go, you can end up in some nice places or some not so nice. Some further down the coast, some more inland. Half an hour can get you a lot of places in the Adelaide area, it can get you to Port Adelaide heading north or a long way down south, can get a fair way east also. So a big big area of residential suburbs and areas to consider. Also with 3 adult kids in tow, if they don't have access to a car or are on an easy public transport route, being too far out or in an awkward place (say somewhere where you need to get 3 buses to get say 8 kms) they may not be impressed. Better to be close to a good transport route for them allowing access to main areas.