HELP...... lease house needed ...... with storage..... in SA...... Quick...

Trickyshel

HELP.....

my landlord for the second time has put the house i was leasing on the market...... i was in a position to buy some where but the short notice,..... ok 7 weeks ... but now i only have 4 ...... makes it impossible to buy anywhere... ... so i need to lease again!!!

my main problem .... is i need space,,,, shedding ... garage space for ...stuff .... lots of stuff....

open to any where... currently in the barrosa ....... been in the hills ..... and south....... HELP!!

HELP.....

my landlord for the second time has put the house i was leasing on the market...... i was in a position to buy some where but the short notice,..... ok 7 weeks ... but now i only have 4 ...... makes it impossible to buy anywhere... ... so i need to lease again!!!

my main problem .... is i need space,,,, shedding ... garage space for ...stuff .... lots of stuff....

open to any where... currently in the barrosa ....... been in the hills ..... and south....... HELP!!

Do not waste time on rental.

Find something to buy, and negotiate early access before settlement. Do not stress about the storage. 40 ft shipping containers start at $1500, it is a matter having enough space on land you buy and good crane truck access.

Heaps easier than finding rental.

Hi, what a total nightmare for you. Can't help with the house I'm afraid, but if you were looking for a cheap easy storage and or moving solution check out these guys www.portableondemandstorage.com.au . A container is delivered to you, you load it. They move it and or store it to wherever you want. You can even leave it sitting on the driveway of a cheap rental, for the duration of the time your renting it if you want your stuff with you. It would at least save you movers, van hire, storage costs. We stuffed our 3 bed house in one, and left it in storage whilst we travelled Aussie. Highly recommended, we had no hassle or dramas. Good luck.

Hi, what a total nightmare for you. Can't help with the house I'm afraid, but if you were looking for a cheap easy storage and or moving solution check out these guys www.portableondemandstorage.com.au . A container is delivered to you, you load it. They move it and or store it to wherever you want. You can even leave it sitting on the driveway of a cheap rental, for the duration of the time your renting it if you want your stuff with you. It would at least save you movers, van hire, storage costs. We stuffed our 3 bed house in one, and left it in storage whilst we travelled Aussie. Highly recommended, we had no hassle or dramas. Good luck.

Thanks for this info!

I have 5 sheds full of stuff (need to have a clear out).

This may be very useful for me in the future...

Thanks for this info!

I have 5 sheds full of stuff (need to have a clear out).

This may be very useful for me in the future...

I think we were relatives in the previous life. Although five sheds is not that much by my standards of garbage collecting.

If you do not mind, few useful tips.

I have spent $35K to buy a 180 hectares block in Riverina - hour's drive from Adelaide. This makes life much easier - run out of storage - just buy another shipping container and fill it.

Crucial - keep the inventory of the stuff (in Excel spreadsheet for example) - what, in which container and at which shelf.

Saves heaps of money. Every builder throws in the skip thousands of dollars worth of surplus stuff which costs fortune to buy when you need it.

Another tip. You do not even need to reach into your hip pocket to buy land for that purpose. With little creativity you can use your super money to work for you before you retire.

tell us more notpom, perhaps start a new thread

Strange that you want this kind of things to be discussed on a public forum.

However I can tell you couple of things that are of a common knowledge.

1. You are not obliged to keep your super money in managed super funds. You can have DIY super.

2. In your DIY super you can invest your money into just about anything - vintage cars, wine, sex toys, etc

BUT... Your investment must comply with set of rules.

3. For example you can invest your super into cigarettes, but you can not smoke them. And you can not just keep cigarettes in your cupboard. If you just wait while they get antique and skyrocket in value - not good, you get jailed for breaking superannuation rules. But if you display your collection to people, charge money for viewing and these money go into your superfund account - that might be OK. But if ATO decides that you are "running business" you still go to jail. For example, you can invest in shares, but you can not trade shares with your super money.

4. Every man and his dog know that you can buy investment property with your money, but you can not live in it. However, I know of pure coincidences when two friends coincidentally buy two houses into their super. And by pure coincidence they rent to each other. And naturally rent received is accumulated in their super, and after they get 55 years of age they by pure coincidence sell to each other and draw proceeds of sale as a lump sum.

I think this info would be enough to ignite some thinking process. This is not a rocket science.

You dare question our investment guru!:biggrin:

You will be laughing, but what I am actually looking for is intelligent criticism of what I am saying. Not criticism of my personality (I do not care whether I have got one - personality is completely useless thing.)

Constructive criticism is the only way to test your own crazy ideas and generate new ones. My definition of "guru" is "person who does not know what they do not know". The old good definition for that is "fool".

Besides I never cease to be amased that there are so many people around who waste stupendous money on travelling to "gurus" and in between philosophical exercises they volunteer to clean the toilets in the country where vast number of people can not find what to do. I will be damned if I understand that.