desperately need short-term rental!

cint&mark

Hello there - we are arriving in Adelaide on July 23rd and leaving on 26th Aug, to validate our visas as we haven't managed to sell our house in England yet!:( We desperately need a three bedroomed furnished house, preferably in South Adelaide but we will definitely consider elsewhere too! Please get in touch if you know of anything going....

Many thanks, Jacinta and Mark .

Hi there,

there are a few people on here who do furnished short term rentals, the names at the moment that spring to mind are Roo1 and Tyke.

Just type each name in the search box and it will come up with options, you can then send them a private message which I have no doubt they will respond to quickly for you.

Guest Django
Thank you so much - i didn't have a clue how to go about this! jacinta

Click on 'Private Messages' on the top right of ther screen. Just above 'User CP'

Next look on the long list on the left. In the section 'Private Messages +' you will see 'Send New Message'. Click on that.

Finally fill write your message including the title and start to write the username in the recipients box. Pause for a moment and you will be given an option of usernames starting with those letters. Click on the one you want and send it. Job Done.

Any probs give me a shout.

Pete

Guest Aussie pat
Hi

I found this website http://www.realestateowners.net.au/search.asp?lState=SA&Submit=search really good and the people I have emailed have been very helpful.

We have just secured this place for 10 weeks from the end of July http://www.realestateowners.net.au/listing.asp?lID=124&lState=SA

R

The road pictured running to the sea, think it's Jetty Rd Brighton, used to have a great cafe that does lovely cakes. Yum. I think it may still be there. It's child friendly too. Has pics of old movie stars on the walls. Could be dangerous, too much temptation. Lucky you!

Guest isandev

Hi Jacinta,

I dont know if you remember we met at the meet in warrington. We had a natter in the kiddies bit. Really sorry to hear no news on the house yet, will keep my fingers crossed for you. On a lighter note we are also in process of finding a short term rental for a month. We land on 18th August so maybe we could meet up for a drink with the kids before you go back?

Take care

Fiona (Fi)

HI Fiona! Yep - course i remember you! :) Would love to meet up when you arrive over in Oz - there'll be a week before we go back then - so if you're not too jet - lagged we'll defo do it! Whereabouts are you looking to rent? We still haven't got anything sorted yet.... money's gonna be a struggle cos we never imagined we'd be doing a reccie first to validate visas - so we're just trying to find somewhere cheap wherever that may be! [still getting over the £5500 flight prices too!!!] :confused: Well - keep in touch and we'll sort out a meet up!! All the best, Jacinta x

P.S. Are the kids excited???

p.p.s Are your emotions all over the place? At least you'll have your good mate out there to help you find your feet if i remember correctly?!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest isandev

Hi Jacinta,

Thought id give you an update we have found a house to rent for a month in Seacombe Heights. A lady called Donna has quite a few, you may have already checked them out but thought id let you know. www.realeastateowners.net.au, her email is djacob@westnet.com.au. There are also others on this site as well, Good luck let me know how you get on.

Bye for now

Fi xxxx

Guest isandev
just wanted to say hello to the all the other northerners making the trip to adelaide!! We arrive on 2nd july , not long now, and are from Bury xx

'Owdo,

Not long at all for you guys now !Are you excited??

Where are you thinking of settling? Its nice to hear that more northeners are going to be in Adelaide dont think i could put up with just those shandy drinking southeners!!

'Owdo,

Not long at all for you guys now !Are you excited??

Where are you thinking of settling? Its nice to hear that more northeners are going to be in Adelaide dont think i could put up with just those shandy drinking southeners!!

:biglaugh:yes getting excited now, we have an apartment in henley beach for a month until we find somewhere more permanent. looking around western/beach suburbs :)

Guest beachwoods

Hi Cint and Mark, Neal and Linda here from McLaren Cottage I know that we couldn't help with the cottage but we also own a Caravan Park at Maslin Beach/Aldinga. We have a 2 bedroomed deluxe Cabin that would sleep 5 available for the dates required. For further info see our website www.beachwoods.com.au please disregard the prices quoted as we could do a weekly rate. Hope this helps and good luck Neal and Linda