Andrews Farm

ianb

Hi all,

Has anyone any information or views on what it is like to live around the Andrews Farm/new development around Lakside?

Have heard mixed reviews and would love to hear from someone who knows the area well or have any idea what it is really like.

Ian

• 3 months later...
Guest Zippy

Hi Ian,

Sorry you haven't had any replies before now.

Andrews Farm is in the far northern suburbs. Some suburbs which are near are Elizabeth, Paradise and Tea Tree Plaza. You can check these out on http://www.whereis.com.au.

There has been a new development down there (I think it was by Divine Homes), and I think it was lakeside. This new development certainly does good for the area - brings in people, employment, new facilities, etc. If my memory serves me well, that housing project was marketed by a marketing company called Iron Fish, and it was sold in record time.

However, Andrews Farm doesn't have the best reputation otherwise. It is considered a bit "dingy" and with a lot of crime and therefore bad schools and depleted public facilities.

I'm sure that a lot of this is just people ranting. If you find a nice street and some good neighbours, all should be fine. There are some new "super-sized schools" being built out that way too.

Cheers,

Elise

Guest guest569

I work on that developement every now and again.The plots don't look as big as they say as the houses are a bit crambed in.

The lakeside estate is nice and new but surrounds are abit rough.

Too far from the beach for me.