Average rental costs??????

Guest markshelley

Guest markshelley

Hi all,

I was wondering what the average rental costs was for furnished and un-furnished 3/4 bedroomed houses and also is there the same availability for either or does it sway to one? :skeptical:

We are at the minute thinking about selling our house in U.K with all contents left in it, perfect for a 1st time buyer. (hopefully anyway)

Cheers for reading my querie

Mark and Shelley

Most long term rentals here in Adelaide are unfurnished. Occasionally there might be a fridge thrown in butusually you get what can't be moved like ovens etc. A 3/4 br house will cost around $300-350 but can be higher depending onsuburb etc. A furnished rental will usually be a short term let for a couple of months due tosomeone travelling away, you might be lucky and pay not much more than standard rental or a holiday rental and these can be around $600 a week.

I would bring everything with you, if you are using it just now, then you can use it here. It's definately cheaper to ship it over than buy everything again.......we paid the price on that one!

We have a 3 bed/2 bathroom unfurnished rental with a pool in Hallett Cove and pay $350pw. Prices vary from house to house and as said before area to area.

I can see your reasoning for wanting to leave things in the house to help it to sell, but you have to think about the cost of the house without things in it and the cost you could sell at if you left the stuff and the impact on you financially when you got here and having to start again.

Good luck x