What's included in a rental?

Guest swampo

Guest swampo

Perhaps a silly question but if you are renting a new build, or nearly new, does it come with TV ariel and telephone line or is this something the tenent has to pay for?

Could make the difference between renting new or used rental.

Thanks

We rented a new build, direct from the developer. They are only small with a few properties, but we found that they supplied the TV aerial, but expected me to pay for the Phone installation, which created a few problems. I would anticipate that most rentals would have both these items installed.

Guest graandjac

:)We have been in our new rental for 2 months now (brand new house) , when we arrived there was no tv and no telephone connected, after contacting the agent, she said to get both fitted and they would (the landlord) pick up the bill, This is standard pratice you pay for the connection of the phone but the landlord picks up the installation, also with the tv ariel as it became a fixture of the house the landlord picked up the bill......after all who would leave their tennants with no tv or telephone.

Cheers Graham

Guest katsmajic

I ended up having a lengthy discussion on this very topic at the weekend, with an Australian friend who is a new landlord.

His said he was prepared to pay for the phone line installation but not connection and his tennants had wanted connection covered, he found out his rights as a landlord and found he was responsible for the installation as it was his property but the connection was down to the tennant as it would be for their personal use, and companies charge for connection with every new tennant.

Aerials should come as standard in any house imo. All the rentals we viewed, new and established had phone lines in and aerials. I certainly wouldnt have considered a house without them as its tough enough and expensive enough setting up over here as it is.

We rented a new build, direct from the developer. They are only small with a few properties, but we found that they supplied the TV aerial, but expected me to pay for the Phone installation, which created a few problems. I would anticipate that most rentals would have both these items installed.

When we moved into our rental there was no phone line as it was a new house and in the very small print of our contract it stated that the landlord does not guarantee a phone line ( or something like that) so we had to pay the $299 installation of a phone line and connection :( however after negoiation on my part he said he would pay half towards it:jiggy: what a result.

Jo xxx:wubclub:

Guest steve&tracy

Coming over here and starting a new life is hard.You need the telephone for communication otherwise you could feel totally isolated from any help you might need.ie finding employment e.t.c. Sorting out schooling,contacting friends. The kids if you have any, need the t.v so that they are occupied As well and make them feel more (normal). I wouldn't like to have a rental without a telephone line or an arial.

Coming over here and starting a new life is hard.You need the telephone for communication otherwise you could feel totally isolated from any help you might need.ie finding employment e.t.c. Sorting out schooling,contacting friends. The kids if you have any, need the t.v so that they are occupied As well and make them feel more (normal). I wouldn't like to have a rental without a telephone line or an arial.

i agree we did have a tv ariel but no TV until the container arrived, however a friend lend us one so I could watch LOST :biglaugh:but the phone line took 4 weeks to install, and I was getting slightly fraught during that time i can tell you, mind you i could use the local phone box with my phone card and the library for internet so all was not lost, it just took time, :unsure:

Jo xx:wubclub: