Rental in Glenelg

Guest ecmiller72

Guest ecmiller72

Hi

my contact at university of adelaide where i'll be working in oct has suggested that Glenelg is a nice place to live and that it is commutable to the waite campus from here. DOes anyone have a rental here ? or any comment on if this is a good place to live ?

thanks

ed

Guest paul_smart

I loved Glenelg it's an awesome place to live but it has a lot of attration and is therefore pricey, the beach was great and I loved the old Tram, not been on the new one :?

Hiya,

We are currently renting in Glenelg and we love it, we rent a 2 bed unit for $280 a week we live about 10 mins away from the tram stop. My husband works in the city and relies on the tram to get to work. Prices vary depends how much you want to spend and how big if you live further away from the shops and beach but still in Glenelg its slightly cheaper. Hope this helps.

Liz

hi sush

what would you call pricey ?

also would you recommend it ? if so please could you send me the weblink

many thanks

ed

Hi Ed

here you go !

GLENELG LETTING AGENCY P.O. Box 793, GLENELG S.A. 5045

Fax: +61[0]8 83760933 Phone: +61 [0]8 82949666

:wubclub:

Guest bobbytrish

Hi we are looking to rent a holiday unit for the first two weeks of our new lives in Glenelg at the Baybeachfront apts.

Do you guys know it, we have two little girls (1 and 2) would it be suitable?

Many thanks

Hi we are looking to rent a holiday unit for the first two weeks of our new lives in Glenelg at the Baybeachfront apts.

Many thanks

Hi Both

This is the first time for us as well, but by the sounds of the area, its seems very plesent, so I dont think none of us will have any problems.

Sush

Many thanks

Making a right pigs ear of this !!:arghh:

I will start again ! Yes this is where we are staying, when do you arrive !

Guest ecmiller72

hi sush

can i ask what you have booked with that company ?

i have had a quote of $480 a week but the pictures made the apartment look quite old and shabby and there was no air con. It seemed a bit disappointing. Have you got something better ?

cheers

ed

Guest Aussie pat

We were robbed (intruder in our bedroom woke us at night) at Bay Beach Front 2 years ago. Another unit was robbed the following night when they smashed a window to grab some valuables off the kitchen table. A couple who stayed in our unti a few weeks before were also robbed according to the maintenance man.

This wouldn't completely put us off staying there again. Just make sure you don't have a ground floor appt and check that the front door shuts properly. They had fitted draught excluders in the frames which made the door look like it was properly closed when it wasn't. Police told us the local drug addicts know of this weak point and go around nudging doors at night looking for those who get caught out.

Hi

Thats interesting to read about the break-ins at the Baybeachfront apts. We used to live a few doors down from them, back in the 1990s, in a rented unit. To be honest I can't ever really remember seeing anyone at the Baybeachfront, they always seemed very quiet. In fact the North Esplanade is (used to be) a quiet residential area. We visited just recently at Easter on a trip back to Adelaide and it didn't seem to have changed too much, just a few more old houses knocked down and replaced by ritzy town houses. You get a lot of people just walking past, going for a walk or jog on the beach, so I suppose some of them may be dodgy. I had all the towels stolen off my washing line one day, I assume someone had driven down to the beach for a swim and forgotten their towels, and just helped themselves to mine!! :shocked:

It is a 10/15 minute walk from there to the centre of Glenelg. There are loads of shops, restaurants, takeaways, ice cream shops etc there and there is always something going on. I like Glenelg because it has some old buildings and a bit of history and character (apart from all the new development which is pretty characterless). The only down side is it gets very busy with visitors and tourists, especially on summer weekends, but I suppose that is the down side of being a popular place that people like to visit.

We were robbed (intruder in our bedroom woke us at night) at Bay Beach Front 2 years ago. Another unit was robbed the following night when they smashed a window to grab some valuables off the kitchen table. A couple who stayed in our unti a few weeks before were also robbed according to the maintenance man.

This wouldn't completely put us off staying there again. Just make sure you don't have a ground floor appt and check that the front door shuts properly. They had fitted draught excluders in the frames which made the door look like it was properly closed when it wasn't. Police told us the local drug addicts know of this weak point and go around nudging doors at night looking for those who get caught out.

Hi Auss Pat

Thanks for that i will call them and ask for a upper floor apartment. You can never be to sure these days, but I will send out another message to ask if anyone has had any problems there ? Have a good weekend !

Guest Aussie pat

Hi Sush,

Apart from the security problem at the time we thought Baybeachfront was nice. We had a recently refurbished flat. Even though the bathroom was old everything was spotless and everything worked properly. The area was quiet, being a bit away from the main centre (an easy walk from the flats), which we enjoyed. The tram was very accessible for trips into central Adelaide as well. Parking was good too. As I said we wouldn't rule out using it again.

Hedy