Highbury - advice please

likesshopping

Guest Django

Can't be that good even Arsenal moved out. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It will be like home from home with all the names. Mile End, Enfield, Dulwich, Kensington, Fulham Gardens to name but a few. And just to keep the boys from the south coast happy we have Brighton right next door to Hove. :D

Guest Django
...sorry Django, havent got a clue what you're talking about....

:lol: :lol: :lol: Thats alright Sarah, half the time I don't know what I'm talking about. :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've had a butcher's (thats 'look' for you midlanders :lol: :lol: :lol: ) from google earth and it looks good being on the edge of town and on the river. :D Mind you it all looks nice from GE :D .

Guest bev_stef

Hi Django

Must be on the same wavelength as you, I thought of London when I read the subject heading, as I grew up near the Arsenal ground in Highbury, :oops: :oops: but no I didn'y support them. Your right though, everything looks good over in Adelaide from here, its gonna be a hard choice from this end.

Bev

Guest The Bowmans

Hi there

Don't know much about Highbury in Adelaide but Pete, I could give you a powerpoint presentation on the wonders of Highbury and the evils of the Emirates - don't get me started on that one.

I must admit that browsing realestate.com.au Highbury caught my eye too and I wondered what it would be like. I'd be guaranteed that my family wold come and visit me if I lived in Highbury!

Deena

Guest pasha

my aunty and uncle live there and i have other friends there and in tea tree gully

it is suburban with a mix of houses starting from the 1950's to now.

it is a hilly area and some parts have a very nice outlook onto the adelaide hills

as a local (alhtough been in uk for 5 years) highbury would be regarded as a 'middle' suburb

tea tree gully shopping centre is also going to have a 190million dollar upgrade

Shopping centres in $190m upgrade

October 19, 2006 12:15am

Article from: The Advertiser

THE Tea Tree Plaza and Tea Tree Plus shopping centres are to be linked in a $190 million redevelopment project.

The upgrade is a joint project by the owners of the centres, AMP and Westfield.

The site will be expanded by 13,000sqm to incorporate 95 new stores and a four-storey car park.

Entry points on North East Rd, Reservoir Rd and Golden Grove Rd will be altered to suit the new centre configuration.

The construction phase will create an estimated 1350 jobs.

Another 650 positions will become available at the finished centre.

Residents in the surrounding area raised concerns about increased noise, access and the impact on other nearby shopping centres at a meeting of the Tea Tree Gully development assessment panel before plans for the upgrade were approved.

- Lauren Novak