Dover Gardens

Guest rowy

What is this area like? On holiday for 2 weeks in October and considering a house rental here. Is it a student area? Is it suitable for a family holiday i.e.safe?:huh:

Guest sarahsmartiepants
What is this area like? On holiday for 2 weeks in October and considering a house rental here. Is it a student area? Is it suitable for a family holiday i.e.safe?:huh:
I wouldnt say it is un safe to live there, it has a high amount of social housing (i think they call it). A lot of the old properties are being knocked down and new ones built, so I guess it would be called "up and coming".

It is a great location for the beach and for marion shopping and all the main rd links. I know of someone who has houses there for short term rent, they are lovely houses.

Its a great place to stay and when you are there you can make up your mind about living there permanently.

sarah

Thanks for the info Sarah. Yes it looks a central location and the property is beautiful and modern, we were just making sure it was ok for our toddler. Its hard to be sure of anything this side of things !!

Rowy,

I stayed in Dover Gardens when I first arrived. In fact it was probably in one of the two houses side by side that you may be considering. I stayed for 5 weeks with my two kids. As Sarah says its ideal for the beach and shopping centre. I did not have any problems and the houses I am talking about are at the Southern end of the street which is the nicer end. I cover that suburb on my patrols too and we have very few calls there.

Hope that helps........ The house I stayed in is on Branksome Tce and was great. Well kitted out and very comfortable.

Karen