sheidow park/trott park

sue2oz

we have been looking at houses around sheidow park, trott park suburbs, have e-mailed afew estate agents but does anyone have or know of a 3 bedroom house coming up around late sep/oct

also do any of you lovely people know what the schools are like in these suburbs been on the websites looks ok just wonderd if they were any good/bad etc

thanks for ANY advice

suexxx

Guest Libby1971

Sheidow is a nice place to be. We rented there...an agent we met told us that exactly the same houses will go for $20k-$30k more in Hallett Cove than in Sheidow simply because of location. New builds are going up but the places being built are on rock so expesnive for footings.

There are no shops in Sheidow...the ones that were there were converted for the school to use. Woodend Primary is very good, the Head is a bit wet but he'll change at some point so not a problem. The zoned high school is Seaview. Our eldest went there and didn't do well at all.

A link road between Sheidow and Hallett COve is currently being built and this will improve access to shops. Trott does have a few and I mean a few. Didn't use them.

Trott Park, less sure about. SImilar sorts of properties but no new builds that I am aware of.

A quiet, more established area.

do they have swimming lessons for older children in adelaide my 2 oldest aint that strong of swimmers and would like to know if they can go to swimming lessons as soon as we get over there, have you got to book, how much etc.

been taking them swimming more and more but they are not very confident.

i heard they also have surf board lessons etc, thanks

suexxx

Guest caoimhe
do they have swimming lessons for older children in adelaide my 2 oldest aint that strong of swimmers and would like to know if they can go to swimming lessons as soon as we get over there, have you got to book, how much etc.

suexxx

Know exactly how you feel Sue, it not easy to take 4 kids swimming without being terrifed of something happening to one of them, so it is better to get them lessons but can work out so expensive for 4

I've lived in Sheidow for nearly 2 and a half years now, and think it's a great area, imo. Same with Trott Park. There is an old and new side to both areas, and personally i prefer the new side. So if you're coming down from Lander Road, (from Hallett cove part) it'd be everything to the right. (first half sheidow, second half trott)

Also, think Woodend Primary is a great school. Had no problems there whatsoever and my child is thriving.

As Libby said there are some shops at Trott Park, which has probably improved a bit since Libby was there, as they have opened up a reasonably sized IGA Supermarket. There is a pizza/chip shop, doctors (I think from memory) and also a contours fitness place, not long opened.

As for swimming lessons, look in to state swim, there are several around adelaide. Most local to sheidow/trott would be Morphett Road, or Noarlunga Centre. There is also a swim centre in sherriffs road, (used it to begin with, but moved to stateswim as I wasn't that impressed) and there's also a blue dolphin swim centre, I think in Happy Valley.

Hope that's of some help.:wubclub:

I've lived in Sheidow for nearly 2 and a half years now, and think it's a great area, imo. Same with Trott Park. There is an old and new side to both areas, and personally i prefer the new side. So if you're coming down from Lander Road, (from Hallett cove part) it'd be everything to the right. (first half sheidow, second half trott)

Also, think Woodend Primary is a great school. Had no problems there whatsoever and my child is thriving.

As Libby said there are some shops at Trott Park, which has probably improved a bit since Libby was there, as they have opened up a reasonably sized IGA Supermarket. There is a pizza/chip shop, doctors (I think from memory) and also a contours fitness place, not long opened.

As for swimming lessons, look in to state swim, there are several around adelaide. Most local to sheidow/trott would be Morphett Road, or Noarlunga Centre. There is also a swim centre in sherriffs road, (used it to begin with, but moved to stateswim as I wasn't that impressed) and there's also a blue dolphin swim centre, I think in Happy Valley.

Hope that's of some help.:wubclub:[/quo

thats great thanks for all your info and that NAT, those suburbs sound like just what we are looking for

suexxx

suexxx

For stuff like that your best being in a coastal suburb (for surfing~), theirs a state swim school in seaford that do lessons sure there are more but as we only been here short time only know whats down here. Moana surf club but they dont do lessons apparently i asked but im sure there are plenty of people on here more in the know :)

Guest smiths08

Hi, Are you looking for rental....... We are currently looking at breaking our rental lease in Henley Beach and have to find new tenants.. it is a 3 bed master with en suite and walk in robe. Walking distance to schools, henley square and the beach.... our landlord is looking for $450 a week but is neg....if it is of interest to you please call 0413520801