One Bed Rental Required

Guest K_Dane

Guest K_Dane

Hi

I am arriving in Adelaide in early October on a Sub 457 visa & would appreciate any advice on accommodation.

In the short term, I will need to find either a hotel for a couple of weeks or short term rental for when I arrive to give me time to look at longer term options.

I am travelling on my own & will be working in the CBD so anything in walking/ commuting distance would be good. I'm not bringing any furniture with me & will need a fully furnished property.

If anybody knows of any good hotels, properties or contact details of agents who may have some 1 bed places, please let me know.

Kieron

Guest alan smallman

Hi

I've just asked a similar question as both my wife and I have jobs in the CBD. House isn't selling so we thought it may be a good idea for me to go over first. We (I) haven't got as far as lodging our 457 yet as we are afraid it may come thru too soon. Hope you don't mind me asking but how long did your visa take to come through after having lodged it?

I'm interested in what replies you receive to your thread. Good luck with the move over and your search.

Cheers

Alan

Hi,

If you check out realestate.com.au you can narrow the search down to the CBD area and your required property. ie apartment/unit, 1 bed, unfurnished etc.

We rented a 1 bed furnished in the city when we arrived, it had everything from bed linen to cutlery, iron etc.

It was in a newish complex 2 years old, had a gym and swimming pool. That was $400 a week.

I know that you can get older places without gym, pool etc for around $300 ish.

Good luck,

Andy

Hi Kieron, If it is of any help I run a small B&B with private facilities in the beachside suburb of Hove (in between the more well known suburbs of Glenelg & Brighton) We are close to the bus stop, and a short walk to the train station. There are numerous cafes and restaurants within walking distance. Train trip to Adelaide CBD is approx 20 min. If this is ointerest to you at all, please send me an email cegosling@yahoo.com.au. Regards Corinne

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi there

There are quite a few hostels in the city - YMCA type places. Perfect if you are without transport and working in the CBD. Get in touch with the tourist info, sure they will have heaps of info.

Cheers

Sas

:wubclub:

Hi Mate,

I have a pal who is moving into a 4 bed rental in Woodcroft next weekend. She is on her own and is thinking of offering to rent out one of her bedrooms (sole use of bathroom as she has 2). She has 2 dogs but no kids. I know you can get a bus to the city from Aberfoyle and maybe even Woodcroft. Perhaps others may be able to assist with that. Might do you for a couple of weeks when you first arrive until you get sorted. If you are interested pm me.

Karen

Guest alan smallman

Hi Karen:)

How nice to think of me - As with the previous ones, I really appreciate your reply and the info it contains. I should have perhaps stated however, that because we are having a shaky time over here (as you know it's hard to be enthusiastic when things aren't going well - in fact they've gone backwards as our estate agent has had to close down leaving us to go with someone else although that may not be a bad thing), that I haven't lodged my application yet although I have been given the reference numbers etc. So I'm not in an immediate position to go yet - although it remains an option if I formally lodge the visa application. Karen - many many thanks for thinking about us, it just goes to show that even when the time may be right, there are opportunities out there!!!

Thank You

xx Alan:notworthy:

Guest K_Dane

Hi

Thanks to everybody who has replied to my post & I will try & respond in the order responses were received:

Alan - I'm hoping to receive my visa in the next couple of days which will be about 5-6 weeks since it was lodged. However this does depend on using a hospital with the online facility for chest x-rays.

Andrew - Thanks, I have been looking at realestate.com.au & will look again nearer the time I leave.

Corrine - Thank you for the reply, I will contact you when I have an arrival date.

Sas - Thank you, I hadn't thought of tourist info!

Karen - Thank you for replying, will check the transport links from Woodcroft & will pm you when I have an arrival date.

Kieron