any advice

Guest darren alley

Guest darren alley

we are looking for some advice, when we decided to go for this, the original plan was to sell our house so we could take a reasonable amount of money with us, however due to the current state of the housing market over here this is looking more unlikely to happen, we have worked out that we will be able to bring approx £6000 from savings and family help. assuming i have no job to go to and we will be living in hotels while we look for somewhere to rent. will this be enough money to last for a couple of months while i look for work or are we living a pipe dream.any advice will be helpfull

many thanks

darren

Guest Guest75

Sorry to say that will be close.Unless you have work guaranteed it is a huge gamble.

If you managed to get an unfurnished rental asap that would be around the $300pw mark - so that's 10% gone.

I have to agree with Tyke, its a huge gamble. Also you will probably need to put down 6 weeks rent as a bond for your rental which would also put a strain on your bank balance as you won't get it back until after you have vacated the house. When you first arrive in Oz it is surprising how much money you spend in such a short period time.

Depending on how many of you are coming you might be better off looking at renting a room from someone for a short time while you look for a job.

Have got to agree with all the above. Was really suprised at how much money we got through and this was not us being extravagant. Stressful enough doing the move without freaking out about money.:sad:

Guest darren alley
Afraid I must agree with the others. But having said that, I notice you've only just sent off your TRA. It will probably be another year or so anyway before you're in a position to move so you've got a bit of breathing space yet.

thanks everyone for the help, looks like we might need a bit of a rethink! theres still plenty of time i am sure i will sort something out.

thanks again

darren,michele,jake and kieran