Need help finding a rental !!!!!!!!

Guest cornish Busdriver

Guest cornish Busdriver

Gday everyone.:)

Im coming over mid November and gotta try and find a 3 bed rental that allows 2 really well behaved and very cute westies.

The pups shant be there for a few months as our house aint sold yet so missus is staying back in Cornwall; just me over for the momment.

I will be working at Aldgate so any info or hot tips on retals between the city and Aldgate will be much appresiated.

Just having the nightmare of finding a rental before we arrive in October.!! I expect you have done all the usual things realestate.com & domain.com ? Don't expect all the agents to reply to your emails, they don't! It helps if you have someone over in Adelaide to go and do a viewing for you as most agents won't lease if you havn't seen a property, (they dont make it easy for you). You wil also need to be able to send them copies of things like passports/visas, driving licences, rental receipts and/or morgage statements, they have a 100 point system which you must comply with. Most of the properties I have see on the net say pets negotable.

Good luck.

Unlike the UK where you have to pay anything up to £250 for a reference check the Australian system doesn't make charges. You do however, have to provide evidence of who you are and your reliability to pay your bills, see below for example

CATEGORY

IDENTIFICATION REQUIRED PER APPLICANT

POINT VALUE

Applicant

Applicant

Current Agent Rent History Ledger/Record

50 points

Passport / Visa (only if Non-Australian Resident)

40 points

Current Driver’s Licence with Photo

40 points

Proof of Age Card

30 points

Tertiary Education Photo ID

30 points

Reference (written) from Agent/Landlord

30 points

Latest Electricity Account or Gas Account

20 points

Latest Telephone Account

20 points

Current Vehicle Registration

20 points

Passport (Australian Resident)

20 points

Medicare Card

10 points

Citizenship Certificate

10 points

Birth Certificate (photocopy – no scans)

10 points

Bank Account Statement

10 points

Debit/Credit Card (photocopy)

10 points

Total per Applicant

There are a few agents who are helpful but there are many others who don't even take the time or trouble to respond to an enquiry. + most need someone to go and view the property for you, which is a problem if you have no friends over there who can do that for you.

Hope that helps

Guest the4hopes

Im coming over mid November and gotta try and find a 3 bed rental that allows 2 really well behaved and very cute westies.

The pups shant be there for a few months as our house aint sold yet so missus is staying back in Cornwall; just me over for the momment.

I will be working at Aldgate so any info or hot tips on retals between the city and Aldgate will be much appresiated.

Try Clare, wannabeausies, she provides a service to look at rentals for you, pm her and she will give you info.

Laura x

Guest the4hopes
Unlike the UK where you have to pay anything up to £250 for a reference check the Australian system doesn't make charges. You do however, have to provide evidence of who you are and your reliability to pay your bills, see below for example

Thanks fror that.

Is this from the UK or in Australia looking at rentals?

Hi there,

Just to warn you that when we came over in May we found it quite difficult to find anyone that were willing to rent to people who have a dog. It is not impossible but just might take a little bit longer. We found that offering to pay slightly more on the rent or offering to pay a larger bond (deposit) seemed to help things along a bit.

Good luck :)

HI 4 hopes,

That was taken straight from an application form I downloaded from one of the agents websites.

We are having the devils only job of securing a rental before we arrive. They all want you to go and view the properties, how the bl**dy hell can you when you are still living in the UK???? It's doing my flaming head in I can tell you.

We have two lovely people we know over in Adelaide who have volunteered to go and have a look but you can't keep asking them to do that can you?

This is more stressful than, visa process, meds etc.

Guest the4hopes

Hi Swampo,

We have been lucky enough to find an apartment for 6 weeks when we arrive, in Oct. How many are there of you, have you tried Midway apartments?

The stressful bit for us at the moment is waiting for the house completion, we have had no date yet so living day to day worrying if or when it is going to happen, and what to do if it doesn't. We know our buyers and we still don't feel confident!!!

When are you going? and where are you in Worcestershire?

Laura x

Hi Swampo,

We have been lucky enough to find an apartment for 6 weeks when we arrive, in Oct. How many are there of you, have you tried Midway apartments?

The stressful bit for us at the moment is waiting for the house completion, we have had no date yet so living day to day worrying if or when it is going to happen, and what to do if it doesn't. We know our buyers and we still don't feel confident!!!

When are you going? and where are you in Worcestershire? There are just the two of us

Laura x

That is very stressfull. Fingers crossed it happens soon. At least we have gotten over that hurdle. Living with Mother in Law at the moment until we go on 9th October.

Not really apartment people, really looking for a house. Have got a couple of enquiries going at the mo so fingers crossed.

We are in Redditch, where are you?

Kev & Mall

OMG! I just feel like banging my head up the wall!!! I just hope our house sells and we can rent in the UK for the time being. With Max being rained off from work 90% of the time or actually being out of work due to lack of it, the bills just get behind and there's nothing you can do. Showing evidence of up to date mortgage, bills etc will be a near impossibility for anyone in the building I shouldn't wonder. We want to pay all the crap off and reduce our out goings for a while to ease the pressure of just living here!! Even to put the house on the market we got to spend on that damn house pack the government insist we all have. Think I might load my tent and live in that in OZ and make sure I have plenty of bug spray cus I can't see us getting anything to rent at this rate with the points system in place. :arghh:

Just having the nightmare of finding a rental before we arrive in October.!! I expect you have done all the usual things realestate.com & domain.com ? Don't expect all the agents to reply to your emails, they don't! It helps if you have someone over in Adelaide to go and do a viewing for you as most agents won't lease if you havn't seen a property, (they dont make it easy for you). You wil also need to be able to send them copies of things like passports/visas, driving licences, rental receipts and/or morgage statements, they have a 100 point system which you must comply with. Most of the properties I have see on the net say pets negotable.

Good luck.

The points system varies between agents - most of the time, your passport, driver's licence, medicare card will do.

Keep an eye on the local rags (messenger / tiser) for rental listings, as many private landlords are little less restrictive when it comes to pets.

Bigger bond, up-front rental payments, and agreeing to have the pets outside at all times (yeah, ok!) are other ways to get the rental you want with animals in tow. Photo's are also useful.

Statements from vets on your pets behaviour, references from friends / neighbours etc are other things that people advised us. To be honest, we never needed them.

As with a lot of things over here, timing and being able to communicate face-to-face are everything. Keep looking at the right rental will turn up, although be prepared for some shockers!

We've just got our 3rd rental (with 2 dog + 2 cats) - so it's not a closed market. Speaking to EA's, they said that "pegs neg" is becoming more common, as landlords are realising that "no pets" does not necessarily mean a better tennant :)