Property Prices?

Guest alan smallman

Guest alan smallman

Hi:)

Having read previous posts regarding property prices, I understand that prices will rise or fall depending on location. But, generally speaking how's the property market going over there? What kind of property could one expect to buy say, for £120 - £150,000?

Just kicking it about a bit as, I'm due back to work tomorrow night after a week off, outside it's grey and windy and oh, yeah - it's RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRaining!!!!!!!!:biglaugh:

Cheers

Alan

Guest SA Great
Hi:)

Having read previous posts regarding property prices, I understand that prices will rise or fall depending on location. But, generally speaking how's the property market going over there? What kind of property could one expect to buy say, for £120 - £150,000?

Just kicking it about a bit as, I'm due back to work tomorrow night after a week off, outside it's grey and windy and oh, yeah - it's RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRaining!!!!!!!!:biglaugh:

Cheers

Alan

That would give you about $300,000. Areas like Happy Valley, Trott Park and Sheidow Park down south are nice areas and really good value and you should be able to buy a home there no problems. Stay away from areas very close to the city because you would be lucky to buy a dog kennel for that sort of cash!!!! Well thats my opinion anyway. Afraid I dont know too much about northern suburbs house prices.

Guest alan smallman

Hi SA & Southend Boy

many thanks for your replies. Understand what you mean about nearer the city - we stayed near the City (by where those four words (can't remember what the words weres now - something prophetic tho) are erected on each corner of the main road into Adelaide in a small let at the back of a cafe let by a nice bloke called Jason (an ex-pat from Dover). We couldn't get over the prices and thought they were indicative of everywhere else in SA until we travelled around a little. Then we realised that properties were high due to their near location to the city. Over here? The market has really dumped. The CEO of Nationwide has been on the tv to state that we are looking at things not getting any better until 2 - 3 years time. There's talk of us entering a recession (many feel that we are already in one, and that the govt are not admitting to it as Gordon Brown's popularity isn't veruy high anyway). it seems the only person who wanted him as PM was....................Gordon Brown anyway!!! It's not his fault. but Alastair Darling has just suspended Stamp Duty on all properties up to £175,00 (I think that's the figure). That's OK but the average price of properties across the UK is approx £185,000. The situation is really dire. You can knock off say £20,000 from your property, and still people will expect to kncok off another £20,000!!

We've had to be relaistic and weigh up whether we really want to go to SA or not. We do, and so within certain financial perameters, we still feel it's worth doing.

Cheers for your replies guys

Alan:notworthy:

Guest kiltedscot

Up here in Aberfoyle Park you need around $330 to $380 for a nice 3/4 bedroom house. We came over in Jan and I`d say house are around $30,000 more than we first thought. You will pay around $360,000 to $430,000 for 3/4 bedroom with pool.

weather starting to heat upo here(19) and will be up in the high 20`s in another week anda half.

Guest alan smallman

Hi Kilted Scot!!

Great 'handle' by-the-way!! I'm even more depressed now!! At least that's what we'll be able to look forward to when we eventually come over. Aberfoyle Park? I've just looked on the map and that's adjacent to Flagstaff isn't it? Nice area! We did a lot of browsing over that way when we came over in April. Expecting that we are going to take a bit of a 'hit' with our equity, at least we know that (generally speaking) if we are of a mind to do so, that houses are still relatively affordable.

Thank you

Cheers

Alan

Freezing Brummie in Boston (what a combination!!)