Accommodation for a 7-10 day stay- anyone reccomnd.

Guest ras

Hi

We will be in Adelaide for 7-10 days. 6th oct ish. (flexible with dates).

Rather than stay in a hotel can you recommend any short term rentals. We thought as as a reccie would best to fit in with locals and see how it is this way. Also cheaper this way. Unless you think staying central in city would be better. Not very organised on this trip sorry. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Wanted to be close to city. Have looked on rentals in oz but seems out of city. Thanks:)

Guest TC for short

I would try Quest Apartments or Oak hotels/apartments. Oak are on North terrace & also in Glenelg. I think both would be cheaper than a "normal" hotel and the advantages are that they have "proper" bedrooms & living areas and they also have fully-equipped kitchens so you're not beholden to restaurants.

TC

Guest Nicky&Andy

ive just booked with a holiday park , a 3 bed beach house with every thing you need inside, provides shuttle bus to public transport links,swimming pool , right on adelaide seafront, i thought it would be a good base to do our recci from. there is sites all over sa not just coastal.

might not be the sort of thing your looking for, but worth a look, it worked out alot cheaper for us as there is six of us.

www.discoveryholidayparks.com.au

www.adelaideshores.com-au

ive just booked with a holiday park , a 3 bed beach house with every thing you need inside, provides shuttle bus to public transport links,swimming pool , right on adelaide seafront, i thought it would be a good base to do our recci from. there is sites all over sa not just coastal.

might not be the sort of thing your looking for, but worth a look, it worked out alot cheaper for us as there is six of us.

www.discoveryholidayparks.com.au

www.adelaideshores.com-au

hiya - we're staying at these 2 parks in oct/nov (can't get one for whole time) - when are you there? We've got 2 kids and are hoping to use this time to research as much as poss - and have a bit of a holiday too. I thought the parks sound great and good value too x

Guest Nicky&Andy

we are going over in feb 09, shame we could have met up, you will have to let us know how you get on, i really like the look of the sites, you can holiday and do a recci on areas at the same time,

Guest Nicky&Andy

we will look forward to your posts, i rang the site 6am today , they are so friendly and helpful their favorite saying was " ok no worries" they said it quite a few times (must be an aussi saying , )

Guest TC for short

When we first arrived in Adelaide we stayed at the Oaks Plaza Pier for 3 wks, in a 2-bed apt for just over $210/night. Its a great place; very hotel-like with good restaurants if you don't fancy cooking, and right on the beach. The drawback is that the car-park is an additional $18/day for a multi-entry pass, although you can take a chance & park just up the road in the (free) car-park of a nearby hotel. The risk is that they may not look kindly at you, but I knew of several of the Oaks staff who parked there!

We stayed in Quest Apartments in Melbourne. They're a franchise, so the exact level of quality can vary and we haven't stayed with them in Adelaide, but we were in two different places in Melbourne for a total of over six months. Nothing special, but they did the job & felt almost like a home.