• Short term rental accommodation, furnished rentals in port Noarlunga Adelaide, South Australia
  • Results 1 to 4 of 4
    1. #1

      How to find a rental??

      If you look for a rental in the newspaper, is it the real estate number or the owner?
      What would be the best choice, look in the paper or go to an agent?
      Any more info would be good!
      Laura x

    2. #2
      Richard & Amanda
      Hiya Laura,

      This is a pretty hard one to answer....
      The adverts in the paper could be either the agent or the owner. Usually, or in my experience the agent generally puts his web address under the advert to attract more business, so this could be a clue for you.

      When we were looking for our rental we used both paper (Saturday's Advertiser is usually pretty good for rentals - not the pull out section that is generally house sales)
      During the week the Advertiser has houses for rent too - I think Tuesday is the next best day after Saturday - I'm sure somebody will correct me if I have the day wrong here. We also trawled round the agents too - not sure where you are looking/based but we went round the agents local to the area we wanted to live and gave them all our details. The agents offices tend to have pamphlets of properties on the market etc.

      We also did research on the rentals via the web.

      Hope this helps

    3. #3

      Senior Member
      Join Date
      May 2008
      561 times
      We got both of our rentals through www.realestate.com.au very good website as you usually get a selection of pics of the house to look at as well, this gives you a good idea of whether it is nice or not. You can search areas and prices ranges and types of places your looking for.
      Director - Vista Financial Services - Financial Advisor and Mortgage Advisor for Poms in Adelaide - UK Pension Transfers / Financial Advice / Mortgage Advice
      Andrew@vistafs.com.au FPA & MFAA Member, Adv Dip FP www.vistafs.com.au Ph: 08 8381 7177

    4. #4

      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Old Reynella
      420 times
      You're best bet is to get the number of a helpful agent. I know of two agents that have helped us no end. They also love the fact that we were from the UK as they have never had a problem with a Brit. One actually stated that they prefer dealing with Brits because she knows that we are all police checked and in her own words 'Don't let in any riff-raff'.
      If you want the phone numbers of the helpful agents I've found then pm me and I'll gladly give them to you.



    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums