Has anyone any idea what Stirling/Blackwood area is like to live in

Guest trish

Guest trish

:confused: Hello can anyone help, we now have our visas and are looking to leave Blighty around the end of November begining of December, we currently live in a rural area and still like the idea of that we are around 8miles from the nearest shop and around 30miles from London.

Has anyone any knowledge of Stirling/Blackwood area, my hubby is a mechanic and our daughter is 10. (for schools, work, house rentals etc)

Any information would be greatly appreciated, because at the moment we havent a clue what to do or where to go.

Very many thanks Trish

Guest ali@51

Hi Trish

I have just been brousing another web site and found this link to blackwood highschool and remembere you asking I now it wont help jst now but I guess with your daughter being 10 it may influence your dicision. the link is www.bhs.sa.edu.au/ apparently it is quite well thought of.

Hi Trish

We have recently came back from a recci to Adelaide and are moving for good in August:rolleyes: we looked at a lovely houe in Sterling but decided it wasnt for us as it is quite a way out from the beach and the CBD BUT I would say it is a lovely area quite rural with a couple of nice little cafes and a small shopping area so you can get most of what you want but it is still rural. My personal verdict Nice area.

Blackwood... well what can I say we loved it :) it is a nice leafy suburb with some lovely reserves (dedicated open spaces) and lots of parks for the kids, we have bought a house there as it is so nice. We found a great day nursery to suit us and I know they have some really nice schools.

You can also go ontly realestate.com and on the right hand side there are free suburg reports so you can see what the demigraphic is like.

Hope this helps!!!

Good Luck

Kim

Hi there, In our opinion Stirling is a great area and has lots of Broad leaved trees, rather than the eucalyptus which seem to abound in most places and drop their leaves throughout the year. It tends to be quite hilly, and a lot of houses are built on slopes. The small town is very handy and the Organic cafe does very good meals. It is very handy for the Freeway which takes you back into the city down a very long steep hill in about 30 minutes.

Blackwood is a very nice area, as is Belair, both being up in the hills and slightly cooler in the heat of summer than the city, also house prices are slightly less. You would travel up New Belair road from the city which takes you up a winding hill, a bit like a mountain pass, but quite safe with wonderful views of the city and the sea. Windy point on the way up is a good spot to stop to admire the views. It also has a very posh Restaurant (quite expensive but good) and a cafe overlooking the city.

Our son has a house in Belair and we visit often.

Good news for us, we received the news that we have a case officer this morning, more forms to fill in, but at least things are moving at last, after 11months.:D