Flagstaff Pines?

Guest Lulujim

Guest Lulujim

Hi all,

We're on a reccie in SA as I type - (LOVE it here, don't want to go home :sad:)

and have been looking at lots of different houses etc.. We drove past Flagstaff Pines yesterday.

Just after ANY thoughts on the area/development please... good/bad etc.. any opinions are welcome!

Thank you!! :D

Flagstaff Pines is and will be a good area, the blocks may be a little small, not sure, but location is good. Quick access to main roads, large shopping centres, a choice of okay schools in the vicinity. The only prob I see with the area is you would need a car for yourself to get around. Buses will go nearby but with little kids when it's hot or rainy you don't want to be waiting around for too long.

Oh and I'm glad you are having a good stay :D

Guest sarahsmartiepants
Flagstaff Pines is and will be a good area, the blocks may be a little small, not sure, but location is good. Quick access to main roads, large shopping centres, a choice of okay schools in the vicinity. The only prob I see with the area is you would need a car for yourself to get around. Buses will go nearby but with little kids when it's hot or rainy you don't want to be waiting around for too long.

Oh and I'm glad you are having a good stay :D

Was going to say this but Rachel has said it all so i will quote her instead.

I will add the main bus stops are on Flagstaff rd or South road. Both are busy and would need crossing at some point when getting a bus.

sarah

Guest Jo&Phil

Quite small blocks and quite expensive houses comparatively ........ we're in the same area and you can get more house for your dollar (or pounds) in Flagstaff Hill older bit .......but if you have a hankering for up to date modern and stylish ...the Pines is very much it

30-40 mins at peak hour to the city but 20 mins usually

Nice place to live, land is scarce, was a release a couple of weeks ago 400sqm to 1200sqm and there are still about 5 blocks left, next release will be months and months away. they are trying to get a shopping centre built there, but that will be a long way off too - councils work slow! houses from $500k - nearing $1million.

there are still a couple display homes open there - take a look.

Easily accesible to most places in my opinion.

Guest Lulujim

Thank you all so much for your posts. We're meeting with Andrew Williams from PIA later to see what we can manage to afford! Might have to sell a kidney but it's a small price to pay ;)

We are absolutley loving SA - have been driving round the whole time and haven't come across an area we haven't liked yet. Wish our visa would hurry up and come as can't bear the thought of having a long time left in the UK....We keep forgetting we're just on a reccie too :sad:

Will have to contact Martin & Val and see hwat their mum can do for us!!!:biglaugh:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Aussie pat

I lived at Flagstaff Hill for 5 years and found it to be nice and peaceful, a good area for families. My view is consistent with what everyone else has already said. There didn't seem to be any real problems. My Mum and Dad also had a house there and were very happy. Goodluck with the visa.

Guest guest569

I worked on a new estate yesterday very similar to Flagstaff pines. Its about 1 year older and still growing but all looks the same. I think its called Blackwood park near Blackwood.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adelaide_aussi

Hi there,

I'm an Aussi Adelaide girl and have lived in the southern suburbs all my 45 yrs so have a very good knowledge of the area. I've lived in Aberfoyle park which is near Flagstaff Pines and have been watching the development over it's life. I don't think it is a good development to buy into. My reasons are that the blocks are small with mostly large McMansion type homes - big homes on small blocks with no land left. You can touch your neighbours. No trees and very crowded which will get worse as more houses are built. No shops, schools, public transport or any other facilities nearby. Very windy, dry but on the positive some blocks have great views.

I'm happy to discuss,

Jane

Hi all,

We're on a reccie in SA as I type - (LOVE it here, don't want to go home :sad:)

and have been looking at lots of different houses etc.. We drove past Flagstaff Pines yesterday.

Just after ANY thoughts on the area/development please... good/bad etc.. any opinions are welcome!

Thank you!! :D

Guest Lulujim

Thank you, so weird you put this on today, as last night saw one for sale on FP and sent an enquiry... you've got me thinking tho!!! We def want some land as we want a pool, so maybe we should hold off from this....We loved Flagstaff and surrounding areas when we were in SA, we keep lookin on realestate now!

Guest SA Great

I totally agree with Jane. Blocks are way too small although the houses are really nice. Check out Craigburn Estate in Flagstaff Hill (and its not because I live there!!). There are some beautiful houses in there, lots of trees and there are some decent sized blocks. The area feels very established as well.

Guest Lulujim
I totally agree with Jane. Blocks are way too small although the houses are really nice. Check out Craigburn Estate in Flagstaff Hill (and its not because I live there!!). There are some beautiful houses in there, lots of trees and there are some decent sized blocks. The area feels very established as well.

We loved Craigburn estate too - so quiet and good views too. Just quite pricey for us - (Thanks for the PM too but we're, sadly, looking at houses under $500k!)

We viewed a couple on York Drive in Nov - I think the one you might be talking baout is right at the entrance? Looks so nice :cutexmas:

Do you find it handy for amenities? Which schools are near it? Thank you!

Guest SA Great
We loved Craigburn estate too - so quiet and good views too. Just quite pricey for us - (Thanks for the PM too but we're, sadly, looking at houses under $500k!)

We viewed a couple on York Drive in Nov - I think the one you might be talking baout is right at the entrance? Looks so nice :cutexmas:

Do you find it handy for amenities? Which schools are near it? Thank you!

Yes it's only 20 minutes to the city on a sat night. The local shops are really good and it's just a 10 minute drive to Marion Shopping Centre, which is the largest in the state. It's also a 10 minute drive to the nearest beach, Seacliff, 20 minutes to Glenelg and 15-20 minutes to the wineries.

Don't have kids so not that up with the schools but I hear that Craigburn and Flagstaff schools are OK.

My wife and I have just bought some land and are building a house at the Pines. I wouldn't agree about the land being small - plenty of decent sized plots. Ours is about 650m2 and our house will leave plenty of room. I'd recommend it - it has a really nice feel to it. As for no shops being nearby, it isn't a problem. Don't define life on how far away shops are. In Adelaide compared to UK nothing is ever truly far away as it is such a relatively compact place. We'll be moving over in July so hopefully it will be finished!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Martin and Val
We def want some land as we want a pool, so maybe we should hold off from this.... we keep lookin on realestate now!

Well, we will plug the Western Suburbs. Very easy for the South, the North, the City and of course the wonderful beaches... We looked at a lot of places and kept coming back here. We have our long term rental with a great pool and are certain its right for us.

Val has landed a great job in the City, I take her to the local train station at 7.45am and she gets to her office by 8.20am. Now that is convenient and it just costs $27.50 for the whole weeks travel!

Just need to sell that house in England and then buy one here for everything to be settled. Oh and of course I need a job also!!

So for us it's West is Best..........(that's our opinion);)

Good luck with wherever you decide to live, most places seem nice.

Happy new year.

Martin

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kamleanne

Flagstaff Pines, Blackwood Park, Craigburn Farm and Coromandel Valley are all really nice places to live in and bring up a family. Weve just moved back from the Uk, im originally an Ozzie girl but been living there with my Uk husband.

Brought up in the hills and absoultley loved it.

Weve currently got a block of land in Coromandel Valley for sale as unfortunetly it is too far from my husbands wrk, ill be sad to see it go as its in a new subdivision/road and could have been our dream home.

But if you had the chance the area is great and there are schools, shops and public transport to most places.

Good luck with the hunting!! :v_SPIN:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kiltedscot

been living in Flagstaff/ Aberfoyle Park for 1 year now. No complaints so far. You have the Hub shopping Centre which has all you need. City only 25mins drive, and plenty of beaches within driving distance. Get a bit more for your money up here and the further out you go the cheaper the houses. £ bedroom up here around $330.000 to $420.000