Where to stay?

Guest richoz

Hi all,

i am looking at moving next year with my family (4 kids) and was wanting to know what would be our best/cheapest option when we first get off the plane until finding a rental house, we really need some where with 3 bedrooms. We do not know anyone in Adelaide so i figured as we've been through this someone could help.

Cheers

Rich.

Guest ReadyPenny

Hi Rich

There are members on here who have rentals especially for when you first arrive, and can arrange to meet you at the airport etc etc. they are generally short term rentals until you get somewhere sorted long term. Try a pm to Judi at Roo1 and also look at caravan parks as these can be quiet cheap and sleep 6 generally. Also try a pm to Tyke as am sure he has a rental property too

Hope this helps

Mandy

Guest Guest75
Hi Rich

There are members on here who have rentals especially for when you first arrive, and can arrange to meet you at the airport etc etc. they are generally short term rentals until you get somewhere sorted long term. Try a pm to Judi at Roo1 and also look at caravan parks as these can be quiet cheap and sleep 6 generally. Also try a pm to Tyke as am sure he has a rental property too

Hope this helps

Mandy

Ta for the plug Mandy:):)

Guest becky c

Hi Rich,

We stayed in a caravan/cabin type thing when we arrived. It was a good cheap option for us, and there a fair few caravan parks all over Adelaide. We booked it for a month, which gave us long enough to find a rental, which incidentally took a bit longer than we thought. However, I would only recommend staying in a caravan if it's during the warmer months, we arrived end of July, and really suffered in the cold!!

Bec x:wubclub:

Guest ReadyPenny

Agreed! We visited in August and it was flamin freezing at night!!!! Went to bed wearing pj's, dressing gown with hood up (seriously), socks, slippers and had 2 quilts an still couldn't get to sleep.

An electric blanket would have been very wise :biglaugh:

Mandy

Hi tyke,

already found your website without knowing it! think it's going to be a while before i know when i'm coming down - hopefully nx september if all goes well.

Cheers.

Rich

• 9 months later...

were in same position as u not sure where to stay thinkin caravan as hopefully cheap/ no contract but

unsure hopefully going out in july whole thing been hell had visas 3 years but couldnt sell our house. sold now but living with in laws 2 make back wot we lost goin out with not much cash no friends maybe we could keep in touch?

Guest Linda_mi

HI EVERYONE OUT THERE IN BRISBANE. ME AND MY PARTNER ANDY ARE DUE OUT THERE ON A RECCI IN MAY FOR 2 WEEKS. WE LAND AT BRISBANE AIRPORT ON SUNDAY 24TH MAY. WE REALLY NEED ADVISE ON WHERE TO STAY, MUST BE CLEAN AND NICE, BUT NOT TO EXPENSIVE. IF THINGS GO WELL WELL BE OUT THERE FOR GOOD IN NOVEMBER WITH THE KIDS. HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU ALL SOON XX dll errors

Guest Django
HI EVERYONE OUT THERE IN BRISBANE. ME AND MY PARTNER ANDY ARE DUE OUT THERE ON A RECCI IN MAY FOR 2 WEEKS. WE LAND AT BRISBANE AIRPORT ON SUNDAY 24TH MAY. WE REALLY NEED ADVISE ON WHERE TO STAY, MUST BE CLEAN AND NICE, BUT NOT TO EXPENSIVE. IF THINGS GO WELL WELL BE OUT THERE FOR GOOD IN NOVEMBER WITH THE KIDS. HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU ALL SOON XX dll errors

Try posting on http://www.pomsinoz.com/ or http://www.britsinbrisbane.com/

as most people on this site are either in Adelaide or heading that way. Good luck with the Brissie thing. I quite fancied going there until I arrived here.

Pete