Renting

Guest kebbat

Hi everyone l am new to this forum. I have a job offer at Royal Adelaide Hospital (RAH) and was informed that accommodation would be provided for me and my family one month rent free. The hospital has now informed me that it does not offer this service anymore so l have to make my own arrangements for accommodation and was just wondering if anyone could give me any information on areas to rent near the hospital.

Thank you

Patra

NBSA Appli sent February 2008

NBSA registra May 200

457 paper 07/11/2008

meds sent 7/11/2008

visa aproval 05/12/2008

Well it depends how much you want to spend, how long you are willing to travel, whether you will be driving or public transporting it. There are lots of affordable suburbs that are good for families and are about 20-30 mins away by car. The closer into the city you get the rents climb. Let us know what you arelooking for and then we can give you some pointers to start off with.

Hi

We stayed in the residential wing when we arrived and it really is a hell hole so you are not missing much believe me. We currently rent In Glenelg and it take between 20-40 mins to get to work depending on the traffic lights, I would recommend most suburbs between the city and Glenelg however I would recommend getting a short term rental and have a good look when you arrive. If you have any ?'s about the RAH PM me and I will try to help if I can.

Kris:emoticon-signxmas:

Guest adelaide_aussi

Hi Patra,

I'm an Adelaide girl and work as a nurse in the other major Adelaide public hospital in the south of the city. The RAH is located on North Terrace which is one of the 4 terraces which encompase the square mile of Adelaide's city. The accomadation at the RAH is not very good so it's probably a blessing that you can't stay there. Please let me know what type of accomadation you are looking for and for how many people and for how long, how much and I will try to help. Will you have a car? Adelaide's public transport system is not good in most areas so if you don't have a car you will need to pick specific suburbs with good public transport. If you have a car things are much better and most places are within 30 to 40 minutes easy drive to and home from work.

Areas to rent depend on your budget and the further away from the city the cheaper except if you rent beachside where it is very expensive (but sensational). Plympton, Edwardstown, Daws park, Glengowie are budget areas not far from the city. I can give you a lot more detail if you want, but these are a few areas to look at.

You have lots of options and I can hopefully help if you are more specific in what you want.

Jane from Adelaide

Hi everyone l am new to this forum. I have a job offer at Royal Adelaide Hospital (RAH) and was informed that accommodation would be provided for me and my family one month rent free. The hospital has now informed me that it does not offer this service anymore so l have to make my own arrangements for accommodation and was just wondering if anyone could give me any information on areas to rent near the hospital.

Thank you

Patra

NBSA Appli sent February 2008

NBSA registra May 200

475 paper 07/11/2008

meds sent 7/11/2008

visa aproval 05/12/2008

Thank you very much for all your responses, l am looking to spend a maximum of $250/wk for aprox 3 months. I am looking for a 2 beroom flat/house. l dont have a car. l will have a look at some of the surbubs mentioned. I will be comimg with my partner and two kids. Thank you once again for the information..