Long shot.....

Guest happy feet

Guest happy feet

Hi All,

Hope you have all had a great xmas, and looking forward to the New Years eve knees up!!

I know this has been asked many times, but thought it was worth asking again. I am really struggling to find a long term rental (like everyone else:arghhxmas:).. We our arriving 5th feb and have a short term rental for 1 month, but i am starting to worry!! Nothing new there then....

Although i have the month i start work 23rd feb in the city and would really like to find some where before i start work, i have looked at all the site's for rental but there just doesn't seem to be much about, and they don't seem to answer my email's. Also difficult as not sure where i want to live....Easy to get to work, good schools and not to far from beach (no-one else wants the same!!!!)..

Anyway, any help from you lovely people (not creeping, honest) would be greatful:unsurexmas:

only 5 weeks and 2 days to gooooo, can't wait!!!!!:biggrinxmas:

Hapy new year to you alllllll

thank

cara xxxxxxxx

Guest happy feet

Thanks Clare,

Greatful for that, wish i could stop stressing..... just want to be on that plane on my way to my new life. Sick of talking about it, ready to start living it.....

happy new year

cara xxx

Guest graandjac

:smilexmas:Clare is right re e-mails they must get so many it would take to long, how about giving them a phone call, its worth getting to know someone , trust plays a huge part in getting a rental and you can nick it from someone else just through blagging and buttering someone up. good luck :biggrinxmas:

Cara chill. As Clare says wait until you see before signing the lease. We saw some lovely looking places online but when went to view them they, shall we say, didn't live up to expectations. ;) Also agents here only seem to deal with people that turn up to the inspections or enter the offices.

A month is the minimum time I would suggest people book a short termer for to play it safe. But try to relax about it as people here really do help out. When we were struggling to find a rental we got so much help and support it was amazing.

In short you'll be fine so reax and enjoy your flight planning your future.

Pete

Guest graandjac
Cara chill. As Clare says wait until you see before signing the lease. We saw some lovely looking places online but when went to view them they, shall we say, didn't live up to expectations. ;) Also agents here only seem to deal with people that turn up to the inspections or enter the offices.

A month is the minimum time I would suggest people book a short termer for to play it safe. But try to relax about it as people here really do help out. When we were struggling to find a rental we got so much help and support it was amazing.

In short you'll be fine so reax and enjoy your flight planning your future.

Pete[/quotBloody ell pete you really are slipping into the ozzy way......just chill:tonguexmas:lol.......but you are right people will help out heaps

Guest Guest75

I'll second what everyone else has said.

You really need to see a place before renting.

Also see all the different suburbs here.:biggrinxmas:

Agents are not too keen on letting to people they have not seen or not in this country either.

Hi All,

Hope you have all had a great xmas, and looking forward to the New Years eve knees up!!

I know this has been asked many times, but thought it was worth asking again. I am really struggling to find a long term rental (like everyone else:arghhxmas:).. We our arriving 5th feb and have a short term rental for 1 month, but i am starting to worry!! Nothing new there then....

Although i have the month i start work 23rd feb in the city and would really like to find some where before i start work, i have looked at all the site's for rental but there just doesn't seem to be much about, and they don't seem to answer my email's. Also difficult as not sure where i want to live....Easy to get to work, good schools and not to far from beach (no-one else wants the same!!!!)..

Anyway, any help from you lovely people (not creeping, honest) would be greatful:unsurexmas:

only 5 weeks and 2 days to gooooo, can't wait!!!!!:biggrinxmas:

Hapy new year to you alllllll

thank

cara xxxxxxxx

Hi Cara, We are nowhere near our dream yet but been getting ideas. We think we are going to go on a caravan site. Thought it might be better to stay there for a couple of months whilst looking first hand for a property. Found one thats near the beach too www.woodcroftpark.com.au worth a look!

Guest graandjac
Hi Cara, We are nowhere near our dream yet but been getting ideas. We think we are going to go on a caravan site. Thought it might be better to stay there for a couple of months whilst looking first hand for a property. Found one thats near the beach too www.woodcroftpark.com.au worth a look![/quot

WE were going to do this first BUT you can book into one of the short term rentals for just as much money.....fully furnished with more room and EVERYTHING you need, the caravan units are on the small side . There are lots of members who have rentals so deffo look at prices.

Hi Cara, We are nowhere near our dream yet but been getting ideas. We think we are going to go on a caravan site. Thought it might be better to stay there for a couple of months whilst looking first hand for a property. Found one thats near the beach too www.woodcroftpark.com.au worth a look![/quot

WE were going to do this first BUT you can book into one of the short term rentals for just as much money.....fully furnished with more room and EVERYTHING you need, the caravan units are on the small side . There are lots of members who have rentals so deffo look at prices.

Thank you I think that's good advice. I didn't think of that. Just had a quote from one site $462 per week then decreases in price the longer you stay. Seems alot to me when you look at the house rental prices per week. Not a great deal supplied either.

Cara,

my little contribution.............

choose an area, set a budget, contact the agents for about 2 weeks by phone prior to leaving,by phone, organise viewings for 3-4 days post arrival.

I have a big family, as you know; and each had specific requirements............like their own rooms, sitting room and pool! Not many houses fill the bill within our budget, so the pool went west (got a portable one now though).

Working in the city, i didnt want a long distance to travel; about 30 mins max each way. selfish, i know, but hey, i came here to have more time with my family....

Hills, coast? i settled for hills. So far from other expats who arrived within the same timeframe, and its a price we had to pay; so far it hasnt really prevented contact! So tough luck, kp nuts, sue to oz, trakki et al, ;).

either way, if you need help, just ask.........................i can cover the city and eastern suburbs for you.

BTW, you arrive 6 days befor my birthday............................i might have a party, guys, complete with bbq, booze and stuff!!!!

Take care Cara, see you then

Jane

Hi Cara, We are nowhere near our dream yet but been getting ideas. We think we are going to go on a caravan site. Thought it might be better to stay there for a couple of months whilst looking first hand for a property. Found one thats near the beach too www.woodcroftpark.com.au worth a look!

Or if you want to be ON the beach! http://www.brightoncaravanpark.com.au/ or http://www.adelaideshores.com.au/