Was just wondering if anybody could give us some advice.

We are renting our house in the UK to my sister-in-law and family with a view to buying. We are hoping to stick with our current mortgage as we have got a really good rate so didn't really want to change over to a 'buy for let' mortgage! However I have heard that this could affect our House Insurance if anything happened to the house.

Someone did mention on PIA that you can get House Insurance which covers you for this rather then getting a 'but for let' mortgage.

Does anyone know anymore info on this?


Hermione, Stephen (Brickie), George (4) & Harry (1)

Skilled Visa 175
Permanent Residency Visa granted 4 Feb 09 :D
Arriving in Adelaide May 09