Advice re rentals please

Guest Farrows

Guest Farrows

Hi we are due to arrive 11/9/09 on 175 visa and are looking into accomodation will hopefully rent for year or so but wondered about the first couple weeks till we find somewhere permanent.

Anyone know of any good short term of holiday lets until we find somewhere permanent? Do you think a holiday let for 3 weeks is long enough to find somewhere permanent (rental) or are we being a bit unrealisitic? do we need longer? Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks very much

Becki , Simon, Alfie and Charlie:jiggy:

Hi we arrived here in October and we had applied for 'On arrival accommodation' it was absolutely brilliant, we got a really great area, Seacliff which was a 2 minute walk to the beach, the house was 3 bedroomed and we loved it, I actually didn't want to leave it, but obviously had to as you only get it for 3months.

It is extremely reasonably priced too, and you don't pay bills only your rent, that is all.

You should check it out.

:D

Hi,we arrived in Sept 08,and found Glenelg Letting Agency fantastic.They do a week by week basis,and Glenelg is fantastic.A tad more expensive than a long term rental,but whilst we looked around for a couple of weeks,it was just what we needed.I would recommend them unreservedly.All the best billy and sue.

Guest Libby1971

Django had a horrible time trying to get a rental sorted within the 3 weeks that he had booked in a short term rental.

There is a link towards the bottom of the home page for a site that contains details of a variety of short term lets. However, a number of members also have rentals that you may find suitable for your needs. Try Tyke, Guzzler&Sas, Roo1, Diane, Hardyscot, Dale&Jo and I know there are others...I just can't remember.

And not all OAA is good. Someone recently was shown theirs and it was so horrible they refused to accept it. Ours was dire, and I wanted out as soon as poss. It was only because we were so tired on the first day that we stayed at all and then found ourselves stuck for another couple of weeks because our money was not transferred and we had nothing to pay rent with. I hated every single second in that place.

Guest sarahsmartiepants
Hi we arrived here in October and we had applied for 'On arrival accommodation' it was absolutely brilliant, we got a really great area, Seacliff which was a 2 minute walk to the beach, the house was 3 bedroomed and we loved it, I actually didn't want to leave it, but obviously had to as you only get it for 3months.

It is extremely reasonably priced too, and you don't pay bills only your rent, that is all.

You should check it out.

:D

This goes to show what is good for one is not necessarily good for another, I only know of one OAA in Seacliff and knew someone else who stayed there for as short a time as poss! Unless it has been done up in the last year!

Go for a short term furnished rental that way you can be sure, and you will have somewhere decent to come back too after a hard day in Adelaide!

sarah

Guest alan smallman

We are in the same position but comingover on April 4!! My OH has just come off the www and is exhausted by all the options. So (I said) it's time for.......................................................PIA!!!!!

I said I'd put a post on similar to the one at the top of tghis page, but I have an additional question.

How much is reasonable to pay per week for a 'typical (depending on what 'typical' means I suppose) short-term let? We will be 3 (Pauline, Me and our son James 19). Will follow Libby's advice and look up member on this site who offer accommodation.

Cheers

Alan

Guest panther
Hi we are due to arrive 11/9/09 on 175 visa and are looking into accomodation will hopefully rent for year or so but wondered about the first couple weeks till we find somewhere permanent.

Anyone know of any good short term of holiday lets until we find somewhere permanent? Do you think a holiday let for 3 weeks is long enough to find somewhere permanent (rental) or are we being a bit unrealisitic? do we need longer? Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks very much

Becki , Simon, Alfie and Charlie:jiggy:

Email us on noel.paul@bigpond.com and we do know of a few places for short term fully furnished rentals in the Marino area, that you could be interested in.

Panther