Hope to house sellers

Denise

We sold our house yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

We had only 2 viewings in 8months last year, in the last 5 weeks we have had 5 viewings and 3 offers, we have sold only 4k under our asking price. THINGS ARE PICKING UP.

I know we have to be sensible and prepare for being messed around towards the hand over dates but can't help but celebrate.

Only 5 weeks before we move out anyway and ship our stuff over, can't believe it, soo happy.

There is hope for all you house sellers

Denise

Congrats - bet you so pleased and cracking fizz open - I would be

I just checked with our estate agents and she said the viewing requests have gone right downcompared to Jan - but they will see what they can do.

I feel like I am stalking :policeman: the state agents as always on at them

Lisa

that deffenitly gives me hope!!!!!!!!

thanks for letting us know ....

in 4 days our house will be on the market for 1 year :arghh:

but it certainly is picking up lately.

we've had 6 viewings in the new year and 2 more for thursday - so fingers crossed that it's our turn soon!!!!!!!!!

and everybody elses too of course ;)

Guest TheTodds

Great news. That does give me hope. I am so down at the moment with the house. I should be getting excited as we are so near the end of the visa process but I am just so worried that the house sale will hold us back. Ours too has been on the market almost 12 months and I just don't know what to do now. We have reduced by £25k and simply can't go any lower. Come on buyers - snap up a bargain!

Good luck to everyone in the same boat!

Guest Snape Family

That is fantastic news, we accepted an offer on our house last week, but we had to take a drop of £20K...ouch.. but if it means we get rid, it will be worth it in the end. We also had ours on for about 7 months so were getting nervous about not selling.

Keep us posted on how you get on we will do the same and hop

hopefully we will all complete about the same time.

Good luck we know what you are going through.

Tracey

Hi Denise,

At last some good news, CONGRATULATIONS . Hope everything goes through smoothly fo you.

Have a goodnight celebrating you deserve it.

To us and all other sellers , there is hope ............ SOON maybe..

Louise.

Guest cornish Busdriver

Congratulations, we just sold ours as well.

We dropped the price by 30K but its sold and should be sorted by the time missus gets here in 2 weeks and 6 days and counting.

Yeah - big congratulations

that does give hope to people still trying to sell - did you do anything like change estate agents or extra marketing ?

Enjoy your celebrations

Thanks everyone, I must say it is a huge relief, we didnt do anything different although our estate agent was definately telling people we were desperate to sell and would take low offers! (Totally untrue) We were just lucky that one girl who came fell in love with it and obviously bought with her heart instead of her head! Good on her, we didnt expect to get what we wanted, although we have gone down 30k from original price.

Good luck to everyone else still trying..

Congratulations Denise. That is great news and one less thing for your to worry about. Hopefully your good fortune will rub off on the rest of us trying to sell - fingers crossed. Our house has been on the market 2 years in July and our estage agent has told us that the market is very quiet. Hoping things will pick up very soon for us. Good luck with your plans.

Alison x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TheTodds

More hope to house sellers ...... We have just accepted an offer on our house today after 10 months on the market! At last!

It's very early days and don't want to get too excited but they do seem like genuine buyers with a short chain so fingers crossed!

It was £30k under asking price but a small price to pay if it means we can get to Adelaide! Just need the visa now!

Thats great, same situation, 10mths on and 30k less but you just get to the point that you are so relieved to get rid of your house. Ours should be going through in the next 3 weeks and so far so good, they are desperate to get in and things are moving quickly. Hope it all goes well for you.