Renting - furnished/unfurnished - that is the question?

Guest The Pickles

Guest The Pickles

Hope you can help, I've heard from a friend (in Sydney) that most rental properties are unfurnished and don't even include white goods... is this the case in Adelaide too? I can't tell from the websites.

We currently rent a semi-furnished house in London and don't have much in the way of furniture...

Thanks

Marilyn, Glenn & Louis (3)

Guest vixpinkbabe

Ooo... I'm a bit worried about this too, hoping to move to Adelaide but have no furniture to take as a) can't afford to ship it and b) don't have any as I live in a furnished flat!

:(

xxxxxxxxx

Guest cornish Busdriver

when we rented our house, it was unfurnished but did have a built in cooker and hob.

most places are unfurnished but you can rent funiture but ive seen an advert where you can buy a compleate second hand house load of furniture for around $3000 that includes white goods.

We left all our furniture in storage in the UK until we are sure we want to pay to ship it so we will be furnishing our new place with 2nd hand stuff. Next door neighbour has already donated us his old sofa so at least we have something to sit on. I think it is Adelaide Funiture & Electrical on Port Road that do the deal on 2nd hand furniture & white goods so we will be checking them out in the next few days, will let you know how we get on.

Guest Guest75
Hope you can help, I've heard from a friend (in Sydney) that most rental properties are unfurnished and don't even include white goods... is this the case in Adelaide too? I can't tell from the websites.

We currently rent a semi-furnished house in London and don't have much in the way of furniture...

Thanks

Marilyn, Glenn & Louis (3)

Hiya

Virtually all long term rentals will not have any "removable" white goods.

So you will probably find a built in dishwasher/oven and that's it .

Hi

Our first rental was furnished, it was a 1 bed apartment in the City and had everything from furniture to cutlery, tea towels etc. It was pricey at $400 a week but we managed to negotiate a 6 month lease.

We then rented an unfurnished but had saved a bit and also with the help of IKEA managed to kit this out.

Furnished are quite hard to come by though.

Andy & Stacey

Guest the4hopes

We rented an apartment for 6 weeks, fully furnished. Then bought and ordered furniture ready for next rental. We have bought a washing machine and fridge from Harvey Norman and they deliver the next day if you buy it before 1pm. Fantastic furniture have good package deals deliver within a week if its in stock. Also as many of us know, the Salvos are great!!

Laura x

Guest stufi1997

I doubt if you will get a funished rental at a reasonable price, they're mostly targeted at the holiday market.We rented our unfurnished rental, went to fantastic furniture and port road for fridge/ washing machine hired a truck and picked it all up the next day then spent the next week building flat packs yeehah!! but kitted out our house in less than a week and for around the $3500 mark.....not including the small stuff like kettle, toaster and microwave....we went to cheap as chips for that.....so not much money buys you lots of furniture in a very short space of time...even cheaper if you can wait and pick things up second hand at garage sales and places like that...good luck whatever you decide xx

Guest Rita Bottrill

Most places are unfurnished. You can find furnished places on a short term basis - some are only holiday rental, some will do short term rental but off course at a higher price as these usually have all expenses paid - electricity etc. Try south australia.com.au