lots of friendly people

parks for kids to play in

nightlife in the city or glenelg

barossa valley

dolphins

cons

cant think of any oh shortage of water :D:D

Guest guest569

Thats a hard question as we all have differnt needs / likes and dislikes. What i would say as a pro the next migrant would say as their con .....

I love Adelaide for its laid back relaxed feel. Reminds me of my childhood memories of the late 70's.:elvis:

The weather is going to be everyones bonus and also i like the way everyone is so friendly and helpfull.:notworthy:

Pros

The weather - you can plan events in advance usually and the forecasts are mostly pretty accurate

The people - friendliest, chattiest, take time to speak to you

The hills and parklands - apart from in the summer, they add a nice touch of green to the landscape and seem to "embrace" the City and its surrounds protectively

The beaches - mostly clean, sandy and safe (apart from the sharks sometimes...)

The range of activities you can do for little or no cost

It's a very family-oriented place, with good state schools and relatively cheap private schools

Housing is relatively cheap here (compared to other Cities)

Rarely experience a traffic jam

Most places can be reached within max of 45 mins, usually a lot less

The relaxed, laid back nature of the place

The mix of different nationalities, total melting pot with few areas totally dominated by any one

The variety of scenery meaning lots of new places to explore in the state for weekends/weeks away (Kangaroo Island, Clare Valley, Flinders Ranges, Eyre Peninsula, Yorke Peninsula, Riverland etc etc)

Leads the rest of Australia in recycling policies, so generally very little litter around

Cons

It's a long way from England and the people who live there and costs a lot to fly there

There are not as many direct flights to other places from here for holidays (outside of Australia)

Very much a "who you know" place, which makes it tough until you have got to know lots of people

It's considered "Sleepy" by the rest of Australia and sometimes has a bit of a chip on its shoulder about that

The decision-makers at high levels in some of the Councils are too conservative and too worried about upsetting a small, rich minority, to make any good, big decisions

It doesn't have enough water for the people that live here already, yet still wants to bring in more

Not sure how much it has to offer young, single people (late teens/early 20s)

Some of these contradict themselves, but one man's meat and all that....

Diane