Housing with pools!!!!!!!!!

Guest thecollinsbunch

Guest thecollinsbunch

Hi everyone

Can you help? we have been looking at property in Adelaide but none seem to have a pool.Maybe our buget is to low?is it the norm to have a pool?what sort of price would you expect to pay for a 4 bed with pool in hills area?(not right out in the middle of know where)maybe a new build.hope someone can help.

thanks guys x:unsure:

Guest kangomik

Depends where in the hills, start at 400 and go into the mills.

A pool is not the norm, like in USA for example. If building new you need planning permission etc for pools.

People against pools will say they are expensive, and not used much.

People for will say nothing beats them when the temps go up!!!

Guest guest569

We have a pool and for 5 months of the year its a nice water feature to our garden , for 5 months of the year its great fun for us, the kids and their friends . And for 2 months of the year ITS A NECESSITY !!!!;)

Guest Martin and Val

We have a pool and wouldn't be without it, I fully intend to use it all year round and can't see any reason not to. We had a pool back in the UK which was silly because you hardly ever get the chance to use it and its very expensive to heat so I used to get in it with the water temp being only 18, once your in its OK. (it only hurts a little when you go blue):wacko:

Can't answer you on the price difference, sorry.

Martin

we moved here in winter and had a pool, was a nightmare as landlord wouldnt provide a cover rent was cheap 270 a week though in seaford. Spent a fortune cleaning the damn thing and used it twice. But damn missed it this summer, having said that we have an almost 3 yr old and couldnt have done it with him, didnt feel safe really. Most aussies going on my relatives comments dont want pools, the beach is free

Guest Martin and Val
we moved here in winter and had a pool, was a nightmare as landlord wouldnt provide a cover rent was cheap 270 a week though in seaford. Spent a fortune cleaning the damn thing and used it twice. But damn missed it this summer, having said that we have an almost 3 yr old and couldnt have done it with him, didnt feel safe really. Most aussies going on my relatives comments dont want pools, the beach is free

I see what Clare is saying, it's not good if you have small children although it should be fenced off anyway and be behind a locked gate.

A pool under a tree or bush isn't a great idea due to all the leaves and things dropping in but a cheap simple net will gather those up each day and the actual cost of maintaining it and running it is cheap if you do it yourself. (It's not rocket science)

Martin

I've met a lot of people through the cinema who live in the hills region, hardly any of them have pools or want them. I would say search realestate to give you an up to date price, they will state if they have a pool or not. I have one & would not be without it but I also love the beaches.

I see what Clare is saying, it's not good if you have small children although it should be fenced off anyway and be behind a locked gate.

A pool under a tree or bush isn't a great idea due to all the leaves and things dropping in but a cheap simple net will gather those up each day and the actual cost of maintaining it and running it is cheap if you do it yourself. (It's not rocket science)

Martin

yes ours was fenced off martin, and he hated it when i was on other side of the fence constantly cleaning the damn thing when leaves fell in it lol. I know its not rocket science, even a monkey could look after a pool, but if your going to have one then get one with a cover is all i was suggesting. Children do still drown even with pool gates and fencing. The pool we had was massive, it wasnt just leaves, general dirt etc used to blow into it, we spent $500 on an automatice cleaner for it, to try and save time, you will see yourself when it gets to winter how strong the winds get and a cover is a timesaver:biglaugh:

Guest Jo&Phil

We have a pool - I wouldn't be without it, but we only use if (if I'm very honest) for 3 months of the year ..........my Australian OH can take it or leave it - especially when he's cleaning it.

I'm still enough of a Pom to think having a pool is pretty cool and when it's hot and I've spent a day at the saltmines there is nothing better than sitting with my feet in the pool with a cold beer (or something similar) and it's the quickest way to cool down.

New built pools must have covers (most council areas I think) and - very importantly - be fenced --- I would be really worried to have a house with a pool right outside the back door as that seems, to me, to be a very nasty accident waiting to happen.

Pools in both rented and purchased accomm is relatively common in southern suburbs (potentially ditto northern suburbs but this outside my personal experience) but less so in middle priced housing in town and hills so unless you're happy to pay more for your property you may not get one.

Jo :-)

Guest sauvignon

Hi, we are renting in the Craigburn Farm area(Blackwood)while we are building our house. It is a four bed with pool and lovely views out back. Lucky to get it. We are paying for your info $625 a week. Which I think is quite a lot. But thought moving here was a big enough move without hating where we were living. Will be available in Aug/Sep if you want me to put a word in for you.

We had a pool & spa in our 1st rental, and it was a great plus to have.

However, we also had a mini-jungle down one side, and I spent a fortune and alot of time keeping it clean for the 5 months we were there.

We had a fantastic boxing day with family and friends around the pool, and would love to have one again.

That said, we decided to spend our rental budget on a larger, more modern house which did not have a pool...... we just go to the beach and the aquatics centre more often

Si

We are paying for your info $625 a week. .

:shocked: I hope that's furnished? That's astronomical if not!!

To the original poster, if you can't get a place with a pool, do consider getting a spa - just as nice to sit in with a glass of wine, and you don't have to do all that exercise stuff while you're in there!! Oh, and you could take it with you when/if you bought.

Guest sauvignon

Not furnished! Shocking isn`t it. But hey ho you only live once. Sat in pool with a glass last night, not that much swimming going on,but had already done my excercise for the day. Some people think they are a hassle. I think they are great.Nice to look at as well in the winter. This one has solar heating,so should be able to use it until the end of April. Totally agree,though spa does the trick also.

Guest guest569
Not furnished! Shocking isn`t it. But hey ho you only live once. Sat in pool with a glass last night, not that much swimming going on,but had already done my excercise for the day. Some people think they are a hassle. I think they are great.Nice to look at as well in the winter. This one has solar heating,so should be able to use it until the end of April. Totally agree,though spa does the trick also.

Just been out in mine and will be out again after tea. The temp is perfect at the moment. I think end of april may be stretching things abit except for martin who's normally numbend by the west end draught !!!:notworthy:

Guest Martin and Val
I think end of april may be stretching things abit except for martin who's normally numbend by the west end draught !!!:notworthy:

Now I wonder how many Martin's are on here? I hope you are not referring to me, You'll give me a bad name! Anyway I'm drinking "Hammer N Tongs" at the moment not a bad variety of lemonade either I must say!:P23_1_49.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZSYYYYYYYYAU