Rental property in Adelaide

Guest Annette and Tim

Guest Annette and Tim

Hello, first time in Poms In Adelaide, very impressed.

Me and my family will be flying to Adelaide 30th April 2009. We have family in Clovelly Park and would like to be near - but not too near!!! We would like an area that is very family friendly. We have a 2 year old and a 5 year old and would like an area where children play out, near to school and with a lovely family feel. We would be looking to rent to start with but hopefully to buy asap. Is there any one out there that can help?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sandar1

My friend just announced to us this morning that his house at Redwood Park is going onto the market at Redwood Park, great area to bring up kids and good schools. It has three bedrooms, fairly new kitchen which is beautiful, has a playroom in the backyard and has a kitchen and bathroom there also, not sure how large a home you are looking for but at least it gives you an idea of the type of price they are going for he is selling between $330,000 and $350,000 only one bathroom in house. Seems that a lot of the brits moving here are moving to that area of town so take a look at a map and search around those areas to see what is selling and renting.

All the best, enjoy oz.

Guest Annette and Tim

Thanks for this, we would be looking to rent to start with but we can look to see if there are any rental properties in this area. Do you know how far (driving) away is Redwood Park to Clovelly Park?

Guest sandar1

Tim take a look at Seaview Downs closer to Clovelly Park, and some great houses to rent and buy at reasonable prices, close to ocean and Marion shopping center. All the best.

Sandra

Blackwood area would be good for you, I work as a district nurse in the Clovelly park area. Blackwood is about 20 minutes from Clovelly Park. Anywhere south of the city would be okay really. Brighton if you want to be near the sea and can afford it. Flagstaff Hill if you want to be near lots of Brits or Coromandel Valley. Hope you find what you are after.

Guest sandar1
Thats brilliant, we've made a note of all these areas and will look into them, Thanks a lot.

So is your head spinning yet. Hey have just been out to dinner with couple of new Russians to the area, just lovely, same problems but she does not speak a word of english, he's looking for a job in international procurement, can anyone help, and are any of you willing to take them on as new friends, we will be there but we're in our 50s and their in their 30s. I know how hard it is to move around the world, god how many times I have done it in many different countries, enjoy oz.

Sandra D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest jraymond

I have a property which may suit, suburb is Glengowrie approx. 10 mins drive from Clovelly Park. Not sure what you deem as short term rental?? house is 10yrs old & in excellent condition, 3 b/rooms, 2 b/rooms open plan living & semi furnished

Julie

Guest adelaide_aussi

Hi Tim,

You must be very excited about your pending journey to Adelaide. I can possibly help you with a large 3 bed + study house with 2 large bathrooms (spa in ensuite), family room, lounge room & separate dining room with a large established garden. Perfect for kids to run around in and play. There's lovely polished wooden floors in the living area and carpeted/tiled elsewhere. It's fully airconditioned and has gas heating and an open fire. There are several schools nearby and a local shopping centre with 3 supermarkets just walking distance. Plus only 10 minutes to the beach. It's located approx. 10km south from Clovelly Park at Aberfoyle Park. Let me know if you want any more information.

:v_SPIN:Cheers,

Jane

jane2m@adam.com.au

Hello, first time in Poms In Adelaide, very impressed.

Me and my family will be flying to Adelaide 30th April 2009. We have family in Clovelly Park and would like to be near - but not too near!!! We would like an area that is very family friendly. We have a 2 year old and a 5 year old and would like an area where children play out, near to school and with a lovely family feel. We would be looking to rent to start with but hopefully to buy asap. Is there any one out there that can help?