weather in october

Guest hel&sam

Guest hel&sam

Hi all, i am looking for accommodation for our reccie in october but the kids want somewhere with a pool. i've found a nice one but its twice the price of ones without a pool. can someone help, is the weather in october warm enough to use an outdoor pool or will i be wasting my money cos its too cold to use it.

thanks

helen.

I would suggest that if you find a rental with a pool, the water will be quite cold, as it is a bit early in the season. There is a large open air public swimming pool near Marion in Parkholme which opens at the end of October, but it will only be the very keen who use it until it warms up fully.

A friend of ours has a pool, which has some solar heating, but they do not use it as early as October, although when we have used it in February on really hot days, it has been like having a bath, but still a lot cooler than the ambient air temperature. I would probably suggest not to bother. Best of Luck.

Other open air pool complexes (which all open around the end of October) are in the North East near to Tea Tree Plaza, and in the East/South East at Burnside. I know there are some nice holiday rental apartments not far from the Burnside one.

Your other alternatives are to find an apartment in a block that has use of an indoor pool - I know there are some at Port Adelaide in the new development there, or you could look at some of the City ones that have the same. There is a public indoor pool complex at North Adelaide (the Aquatics Centre).

You might be better off looking to rent somewhere near a beach - if the weather is warm enough for a dip, the sea is just as nice as a pool, and if it's not warm enough, they can make sand castles instead (or wear a wet suit!)

For a recce I don't think it's worth paying twice as much just to have a place with a pool that time of the year - perhaps you could stall them by offering to look for a place to buy when you get here for good that has one!

Diane

Guest guest569

We start using our pool from mid sept. ( my birthday:o)It is a bit fresh then but by mid to late oct we always use it and the tans have started. I would say go for it and let your kids have some fun.:jiggy:

My mum flies over for the first and last time this oct and we will all definately be relaxing by the pool.We have a sea breeze too so if the rental your looking at is more inland and has solar heating you'll be right !!!;)

Guest donna T

My children use the pool from September onwards - it is a bit chilly for me even with solar heating until December though.

Kids don;'t care too much about how chilly the water is - give 'em a taste of what they can look forward to

Donna x

Guest dibdobs

We did a reccie in Oct last year. The boys swam in a friends pool and went in the sea several times. I think the locals thought it was a bit chilly. We also went to the out door pool in Burnside which was empty. We went from UK 3 degrees to Adelaide 24 degrees. So to us it was bloody boiling !!

Guest sandar1

Weather in October can be beautiful, very hot sometimes, but also it can be extremely cool. If you were to have a place with a pool because there usually will not have been extremely hot weather for a length of time, the pool water unless heated will be rather cold. Most of my friends with a pool are not using them much at that time of year, but kids don't really seem to notice the coldness of water as long as there's a lot of it. Depends also how much time you are planning to be at home, if you can do the day trips to the beach etcetera maybe its better to spend your time and money visiting places.

Have a great time.

Sandra