when can i buy

Guest batleys

hi we are looking to go next year but i have been told that you can not by a house for 6 months, is this right

Hi,

im not sure ive heard lots of things a guy should get back to me today regarding mortgage. someone on here will no im sure :D

Ice

:P

Guest dglamoore
hi we are looking to go next year but i have been told that you can not by a house for 6 months, is this right

Hi Guys

There are people on here that have bought before even coming over, some buy within days of arriving and others wait a bit to check out areas so there is no time limit to when you can buy and do not have to wait 6 months:o

Lisa:cool:

Guest Django

As Lisa says people have bought before going. I believe Sarah (Likesshooping) has done this. I wish I was as brave as her. I would love to buy some land before going and build a house on it when we arrive. The thing thats put me off is that until I get there I don't know whether an area that looks good on line will be 'for us' when we actually see it.

So no, no waiting period before you can buy. ;):D

Pete

Hi Lucy

We bought a house in adelaide from over here. We still needed a small mortgage.....If you are interested I can give you our mortgage broker details.

If you are buying a property without a mortgage - then you can buy straight away when you get there, if you do need a mortgage then I believe you will need to be in work for a couple of months......

Hope this helps - pm me if you need any more details.

sarahx

Guest Russfamily

We bought our place with a mortgage but put quite a bit of capital down, if all goes pear shaped then they wont loose out it will come out of our capital. We used bank SA.

Guest batleys

thanks for all your help we are going out in november for 3 weeks to get some ideas of areas can't wait to get out there.... just about 4 months to go now :P:o