Nailsworth. Worth a look??

Guest Fly Away

Guest Fly Away

Hello everyone, we are new arrivals. Just going through the tedious process of trying to find somewhere to live.

We have driven past a house in Nailsworth which looks very nice and the suburb seems very pleasant. I have done a search on here and only come up with one post about the area - which was positive.

Does anyone else have any information about the area???

Thank you. :v_SPIN:

I lived in Nailsworth for a few years when we moved there from Nth Adelaide when I finished school. My mum still lives there. It is a safe suburb that has the benefits of a large shopping centre close by, take aways a few parks, a library. There is a primary school that is good and a kindy in the area. There is also a primary school in Walkerville that is the next suburb over and is excellent. It is well serviced by 2 bus routes, one down the main north rd and the other down the north east rd. It is not far from town either. It's not far to the cinema in nth adelaide and cafes and restaurants in nth adelaide. It is a quiet residential area and the council is just about to start roadworks to slow the traffic cutting through between the two main roads.

Guest Fly Away
I lived in Nailsworth for a few years when we moved there from Nth Adelaide when I finished school. My mum still lives there. It is a safe suburb that has the benefits of a large shopping centre close by, take aways a few parks, a library. There is a primary school that is good and a kindy in the area. There is also a primary school in Walkerville that is the next suburb over and is excellent. It is well serviced by 2 bus routes, one down the main north rd and the other down the north east rd. It is not far from town either. It's not far to the cinema in nth adelaide and cafes and restaurants in nth adelaide. It is a quiet residential area and the council is just about to start roadworks to slow the traffic cutting through between the two main roads.

Thanks Rachie!! Our daughter has a place in the school in Walkerville, so we are looking for somewhere close. Nailsworth did seem very nice but as new arrivals you just need to hear from a local that it is a nice area.

If we like the house we are viewing on Monday we will definately apply for it.

Thanks again. :):):)

Guest Fly Away
Walkerville is a really good primary school. It used to be bottom heavy as the privates siphoned off the kids from about gr 3 -5 but a lot do stay until the end of yr 7 now.

Thanks again Rachie. :D

Good to know we seem to have picked a good area. It's not one which many Brits seem to settle, can't work out why as it seems so nice. :wubclub:

Guest salisbury massive

My brother lived in Nailsworth for about 3 years when he fitst moved here. He really liked it, its very central and has good trainsport links. Actually its a suburb that doesn't come up very often for opinions. We drove through the other week on a nostalgia trip and I really liked what I saw. .

http://www.communityguide.com.au/suburb.cfm?/nailsworth-5083/

Jo

Guest Fly Away

Thanks Salisbury Massive. We viewed the house today and have put in an application. So fingers crossed we will be living there. We loved Brighton and even applied for a rental down there, but withdrew the application when we realised that we would spend a lot of our time in the car commuting. Whereas we can go to the beach every weekend if we want to from Nailsworth. Actually I shouldn't be saying anyhing as I don't want other people wanting the rental. LOL :arghh: