McLaren flat

Guest redfoxy

Guest redfoxy

Hi

Could anyone please give me any info/first hand experience about living in McLaren Vale or Flat ?? please

Is is nice and quiet ? as an area what do you think ??

Lynne

love both places... beautiful, quiet, Mclaren Vale has shops schools and everything you need!! beach at maslin only 5-10 mins drive away. I would love to live in either place. We stayed in a rental for a month when we first came to Oz. it was in Mclaren vale and we loved every minute of it there!!

xx h

Guest theforrests

Our house is being built in McLaren Flat and we are very much looking forward to living there. Its a small community with the Primary School and the General Store at its centre. My eldest daughter goes to the Primary School - so I'm doing the school run from Seaford Rise every day - which only takes about 15 minutes through the back roads.

Sarah

Guest redfoxy

Hi is it on the Orchard ? Its the one at the entrance we may be interested in, but concerned it is too close to the junction... Also there are easemente up and down the garden area, never a chance of a pool even if we can afford it. Also the lounge is small in the house BUT we do like the area and at $ 339 less a bit is in our price range..

Guest Tina P

Hi,

We live at The Orchard at Mclaren Flat, I know the house you mean. Its been built by Homestead homes, we also built with them. It has no Heating/cooling or floor covering but if its priced below your budget put in a cheeky offer because it has been on the market since before Christmas and reduced a few times.

Have a walk around the development, its busy at the moment with all the builders (driving me mad today) but on an evening and weekend its very quiet. My 7yr old daughter goes to the local school with Sarah (above posts) daughter and has settled in really well.

Its a few mins away from Mclaren Vale and you soon find out all the short cuts to get back onto South Road. Or you can go the other way into Aldinga shopping centre through Willunga which is also a really nice village.

I always had to drive to shopping centres, supermarkets and school in the uk which I still do except we can walk to school (when we are not late). We rented at Aberfoyle and Happy Valley for 18 months before we moved here and yes it did seem a long way when we drove down to see the build but now Im living here and discovered the new area its all good.

If you call down let me know and pop in.

Tina

Guest theforrests

Hi

I agree with Tina - try with a cheeky offer. I drive through the township regularly (our house is off Ingoldby Road) and I've always found it to be a peaceful neighbourhood.

Sarah :D

Guest Tina P

Hi,

I don't know if you will think its a good or bad thing but a fair few family's/couples are building in the area from the UK.

We also don't get a postal delivery, we now have a PO Box which is at the Post Office next to the school.

I miss my junk mail though. :biglaugh:

Hi is it on the Orchard ? Its the one at the entrance we may be interested in, but concerned it is too close to the junction... Also there are easemente up and down the garden area, never a chance of a pool even if we can afford it. Also the lounge is small in the house BUT we do like the area and at $ 339 less a bit is in our price range..

Its a nice house that one, built by the same builder who built Tina P's house. Appears to be on a good size block. We are in Aldinga at the moment and are very happy here, but Mclaren Flat is somewhere that I would definately live. Both there and Mclaren Vale have a great community feeling!

Lindsey

Guest redfoxy
Its a nice house that one, built by the same builder who built Tina P's house. Appears to be on a good size block. We are in Aldinga at the moment and are very happy here, but Mclaren Flat is somewhere that I would definately live. Both there and Mclaren Vale have a great community feeling!

Lindsey

Hi thanks all for your really positive comments. That one at Mclaren Flat is definatly on the list of may bees but the garden has easements runining down and across which means that IF we can afford it in the fture we cant have a pool, or it would be costly/difficult but we do lilke the area.

We also have one on Sunday at Aldinag on our list of maybees..two very different places but both quite, just want to get away from the Hoons in Seaford !!

Hi thanks all for your really positive comments. That one at Mclaren Flat is definatly on the list of may bees but the garden has easements runining down and across which means that IF we can afford it in the fture we cant have a pool, or it would be costly/difficult but we do lilke the area.

We also have one on Sunday at Aldinag on our list of maybees..two very different places but both quite, just want to get away from the Hoons in Seaford !!

I would live on both estates - Have friends in both places - Good Luck!

Ps I know someone that has an easement on their land and they were able to have an above ground pool!

Guest redfoxy
I would live on both estates - Have friends in both places - Good Luck!

Ps I know someone that has an easement on their land and they were able to have an above ground pool!

Thanks for your experience ! it is re assuring.

If I can have a pool I want an in ground pool !! thats the problem..shame because it really rules out the one at McLaren Flat, cos I really like it there.

Thanks fellow poms and southern residents for your experience.

Lynne

Guest Tina P

I wonder why it has easements, its between 2 houses and another behind ?

Don't forget to have a look at Willunga in between McFlat and Aldinga.

Tina

Guest redfoxy

Yes it has one 4m from the rear fence of the house facing the main road running parrell to the garage of the house for sale and also one about 2 m across the inside of the rear fence. It if only had one it would be ok we could propaply get round it. Yes will look at Willunga again we love it ther too but not much comes up for sale. We reckon that realetstae agents are pricing houses about 10% more than they would sell for at present, what does any one else think ??

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cbeeb

without being too rude aldinga people find a bit too far out without alot of ammenities it is more cost effective than mclarenvale/flat but they end up driving up and down the whole time. rent if possible in mclarenvale/willunga bearing in mind primary schools currently have no zoning so alot of kids go to what school they want

Guest Tina P
without being too rude aldinga people find a bit too far out without alot of ammenities it is more cost effective than mclarenvale/flat but they end up driving up and down the whole time. rent if possible in mclarenvale/willunga bearing in mind primary schools currently have no zoning so alot of kids go to what school they want

Hi,

No sure if all Aldinga people find Mclaren 'a bit far out'.

As I said before, I and probably most people had to drive to school, supermarket's and shopping centres when in the uk. I don't think a bus comes into the Vale, I can walk to school though now (when Im not running late).

The primary school's now do have zoning - you have to live in the area. I think this is a very recent thing with Willunga and its is with Mclaren Flat.

The area's are now growing so fast so you can undestand why.

Tina

Guest redfoxy
Yes you are right Tina - Willunga Primary is only accepting enrollments now if you live in Willunga!

Hi, we dont have children so schools are not an issue for us.

That house at Mclarne Flat has been taken off, maybe they are going to either finnish it and try again or rent it out.

We are still looking, the marfket is seeming flooded and not much selling but prices are not dropping.

We offered 340 on a 369 house the other day and it was rejected !!:mad:

So plodding on !!

Guest cbeeb

sorry meant that people in aldinga find it a bit far out. only going with friends who lasted there a couple of months and moved again Did not know about zoning now as my kids school still taking people that do not live in area.

Guest redfoxy
sorry meant that people in aldinga find it a bit far out. only going with friends who lasted there a couple of months and moved again Did not know about zoning now as my kids school still taking people that do not live in area.

Hi glad you said that as it was a bit confusing !

Yes Aldinga being a bit far out IS my worry !!!!

Although YES I do love the SUNDAY estate. promlm is we only have 340/350 to spend and we want a nice house !!

mMM maybe back to ther drawing board and maybe take a look around flagstaff hill this weekend !!

I JUST WANT OUR OWN HOME :arghh:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi,

We have lived in Mclaren Flat for just over a year now and enjoy it, I don't feel isolated, Mclaren Vale is 5 mins away.

As said earlier in this thread we are at The Orchard, which has grown so much in the last 12 months.

Good luck with the move.

T