Curry recipes

sueoc

Guest cornish Busdriver

I make a brilliant curry.

Was taught by a great chef who worked in the Desh in Bath.

My currys are not quick to make though, meens marinating the meat the night before but worth it, make my rice but cant make the popadoms, pakora or badgies though so always by them.

The main basics i use are Sharwoods vinderloo paste, fresh coriander, fresh fenel, fresh chillies, cumin, garam masala, tumeric, garlic, red and green peppers, onion, tomato's, fresh cream or coconut milk and a teaspoon of sugar.

My currys are not quick to make though, meens marinating the meat the night before but worth it, make my rice but cant make the popadoms, pakora or badgies though so always by them.

The main basics i use are Sharwoods vinderloo paste, fresh coriander, fresh fenel, fresh chillies, cumin, garam masala, tumeric, garlic, red and green peppers, onion, tomato's, fresh cream or coconut milk and a teaspoon of sugar.

I sem to have lost your adress mate.....:jiggy:

HG

Originally Posted by cornish Busdriver viewpost.gif

I use 1 jar of Patak's Vindaloo paste, a tin of diced tomatoes, 1 fried onion, 1 fried capsicum, 1 kilo of diced meat and some diced potatoes. Six hours in the slow cooker on low then stir in some spinach leaves. Yum

made some yesterday, had some for breakfast today and still got enough for dinner tonight.

[quote name=make my rice but cant make the popadoms, pakora or badgies though so always by them.

[/quote]

I've had a really good recipe online for onion bhajis and easy 2 make

Ingredients- Flour

1/4 teasp chilli powder

1/2 teasp tumeric

1/2 teasp baking powder

salt

1/2 teaspoon ground cumin

1 large Onion halved and thinly sliced

1 green chilli finely chopped

chopped fresh coriander

cold water to mix (to a thick batter)

&

vegetable oil for deep frying.

Mix all ingredients together and deep fry and they'll taste lush !!!!

I have also bought a Indian cook book and we working our way through the recipes, they're all pretty time consuming (none quick and easy) but so far really nice

xxxxxxxxxxxx

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Here is the best one I have found, and I'm from Bradford.

I have found nicer if you mix both lamb and chicken breasts.

Monday, 05 February 2007

[h=3]Ingredients[/h]

At a glance

Main Ingredient

Mutton

Serves

2 lbs boneless Lamb shoulders, cut into 2" cubes

2 cups yogurt

8 garlic flakes

1 tbsp chopped fresh ginger

1 tsp ground red pepper

1 tsp garam masala

1 tsp ground coriander seeds

1 tsp ground cumin seeds

2 tsp lemon juice

1 tbsp oil

salt to taste

[h=3]Methods/steps[/h]

1. Puree all the ingredients, except the Lamb and oil.
  2. Marinate the Lamb in the puree for 4-5 hours in the refrigerator.
  3. Place the meat along with the marinade in a heavy saucepan and bring to a boil on medium high heat.
  4. Lower heat to medium, cover and simmer for half an hour, until the Lamb is tender.
  5. Continue to cook uncovered until most of the moisture has evaporated and the Lamb is thickly coated with the gravy.
  6. Add 1tbsp of oil and stir fry for 2 minutes.

Hope this helps it certainly does the trick for me.

This is probably the best site for curry recipies as they're mostly based on British Indian restaurant dishes.

Enjoy :)

Edit: guests are limited to 5 page views per day but you can register for free and get unlimited access to the whole site. Worth it I reckon.

Edited by sidestep