Cherry Ripe

jtct

I'm currently reading a book by Reginald Hill (creator of Dalziel & Pascoe) and one of the characters, originally from Melbourne and who's grandmother came to Australia on the child migration scheme, is visiting the Lake District researching her family history.

She keeps mentioning her stack of Cherry Ripe which she managed to get through customs (makes a change from Marmite!) It sounds delicious - rather like a coconut Bounty bar with cherries and covered in dark chocolate. Just my kind of thing

Is it real?

Can you buy it in Adelaide?

or Is it ficticious?

My hsuband loves them. I can't stand them.

I could only compare it to Cabana bars (those who remember the 80's in the UK will know what I am on about) but even that isn't really close. The filling in a Cherry Ripe is very pink and bleugh :| I find them quite sickly. I did like Cabana bars though.

Thanks guys. As it costs £1.70 a bar in the Australia shop over here I think I shall have to wait till my next trip in January to give it a try.

Hope you enjoy the book - unusual and intriguing. I usually read a book in 2-3 days but this one will take much longer I suspect as you can't skimp easily. Great characters and very discriptive