• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Vegtarian in OZ - possible?

Hallett Cove
      33 times
      There is a shop at Christies Beach that sells vegetarian products and also vegetarian snacks. Might be useful if anyone is over that way.

South Australia
      1771 times
      Quote Originally Posted by HeatherandPip View Post
      The supermarkets I visit have some quorn products but limited and you cant rely on being able to get the product you want in every supermarket - they all have something but it is a case of take what is available.Eating out - limited choices on the menu but generally something available (usually pizza, pasta, same old thing) - have never asked for alternatives in restaurants but sure they would be accommodating, so maybe I should start! I suppose it came as a shock to me because a veggie diet in England is so easy these days (was verging on veganism).
      We've just returned from a visit to England and I could not believe the amount of options available! I was soooooo envious!I was pretty excited when Quorn came to town, although I know know how limited our varieties are :(

I think it's more acceptable to be vegetarian now - although our son and many of our friends were extremely scathing when my husband decided to go vegetarian last year - so I am hoping that this acceptance might mean all those lovely things will get here soon.

As I am old (ha ha...but I am!) I don't really use looky-likey vegetarian alternatives because there weren't many good ones about back in the day but my OH and daughter like all the pre-made burgers, minces etc. IMO it is becoming ever easier to be a vegetarian here but you still need to be prepared and ready to cook from scratch, which I imagine most of us would be.

I now use soy milk and try to use vegan alternatives wherever possible so if anyone knows of any palatable parmesan alternative, that would be much appreciated!

Thanks, LC
      Last edited by Lazy Cow; 24-07-2011 at 01:12 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums