tap water

brucesbabe

Hi, it's not bad, tastes a bit thick if that makes any sense.You can get a Water filter tap installed in your kitchen and it makes a massive difference or brita water filter attachment for your tap and just change the filters as required or a box/jug unit for in the fridge.Many options, you never know you might like it as it comes!

You'll find loads of threads on tapwater on PIA! And loads of different opinions. Mine is: there's nothing wrong with it, no worse than the water WE had in England (though that varies depending on where you come from!) but I do prefer filtered water and can taste the difference in cafes where some will give you filtered water and some plain tapwater.

But it is infinitely more acceptable (to me!) than rainwater. Where my problem is not the rainwater per se, more the tank and collection thing!! (Been dealing with that one with my inlaws for the past 10 years!). I am nearly on the winning side now! At least they don't try to give the children rain water any more!!!

Guest The Dimmocks

We drink it out the tap and so do the kids, no problems with any of us. Birmingham water was high in Floride when I was a kid and when we moved to the black country our new dentist was amazed how good our teeth were and he said it was down to the floride in the water.

I think it tastes horrible!!! It also has far too much floride in it, which is not good as it can make your kids teeth yellow/patchy!!!

(Just discovered that from my son drinking too much water!!! its all he drinks, apart from milk as wont touch cordial, fruit juice, etc...) South australia water has one of the highest levels of it in the water in Australia.. .On the plus side, it can reduce cavities in the teeth!!

I have a filter on my fridge but most filters wont remove floride..

I suppose you can get used to the taste, but even makes tea taste funny.

Tastes awful to me. Our fridge has a filter and that's the only way I'd drink it. True it does have tons of fluoride in it but unlike many people I'm not convinced that's a good thing - even if you take the views of the idiot fringe away there's a large body of evidence that suggests it's not the positive additive it's long been thought to be (much of the modern research has been to answer why has there been such an increase in thyroid cancer in the last few decades). Its inclusion in water is based on very little research that took place in 1945 - a great many studies since have shown it has more disadvantages than advantages. A quick academic search is useful if anyone wants a good scare!

Incidentally, Monty, that patchy staining you mention is called dental fluorosis - the most commonly reported problem with fluoride in water (it means the tooth enamel is failing and can lead to pitted and brittle teeth). Might be worth thinking about spring water.

Jim

Tastes awful to me. Our fridge has a filter and that's the only way I'd drink it. True it does have tons of fluoride in it but unlike many people I'm not convinced that's a good thing - even if you take the views of the idiot fringe away there's a large body of evidence that suggests it's not the positive additive it's long been thought to be (much of the modern research has been to answer why has there been such an increase in thyroid cancer in the last few decades). Its inclusion in water is based on very little research that took place in 1945 - a great many studies since have shown it has more disadvantages than advantages. A quick academic search is useful if anyone wants a good scare!

Incidentally, Monty, that patchy staining you mention is called dental fluorosis - the most commonly reported problem with fluoride in water (it means the tooth enamel is failing and can lead to pitted and brittle teeth). Might be worth thinking about spring water.

Jim

Im already onto it.. getting a filter that can remove floride, although more expensive than puratap, I think its worth it!!