• Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Places to eat?

Seaford Meadows, SA
      122 times
      Stella, Seaview Rd, Henley Beach - good food and great views of the ocean.
      Joanne (43), Ged (41) & Bella the cat (8).....and now Brian the dog; the only Aussie in the house. Arrived 8/1/09 from Oldham, Gtr Manchester.
      Rented in Findon, SA for 22 months built own house & so now moved to Seaford Meadows. Became citizens 9/12/13. Life doesn't get much better

Rob and Clare
      5 best restaurants :

Magill Estate - Fine Dining overlooking the skyline of Adelaide from the Penfolds Winery - bit pricey mind
      Jolley's Boathouse - Great venue over looking the torrens, it is better in summer though with the lighter nights, great food though.
      The Oxford - In the very trendy North Adelaide, great area for a night out
      Lenzerheide - Great food in the SE in Hawthorne
      The Lord Lyndoch - The perfect place to relax before, during or after exporing the Barossa

Pubs / Cafes
      The Tapp Inn - Kent Town - Possibly the best pub in Adelaide
      Bombay Bicycle Pub - Ovingham - possible the 2nd best pub in Adelaide
      Birkenhead Pub - Port Adelaide - Great pub for just before or after the dolphin cruise
      The Lion Hotel - North Adelaide
      Zootz - Henley Beach - possibly the classiest beach area, great food and great pubs nearby.

Best Thai
      Thai Orchid - Henley Beach

Best Indian
      It is the balti house on Goodward road, but it's a british style curry, possibly the best Aussie Indian is Beyond India in North Adelaide, but North Adelaide or Unley offer some good Aussie Indian Curries.

Best Place for Fish and Chips on the beach
      There's a great kiosk at Largs Bay, with outdoor seating right next to the beach.

Best Fish n Chips
      Sammy's on the Marina Glenelg.

To be honest in the 4 years we've been here though, we haven't had a bad meal out, some are better than others but we've never been disappointed.
      duncans likes this.

Highbury, SA
      4221 times
      Best family meal venue:
      The Buckingham Arms, near Walkerville (on a Tuesday night kids 14 and under eat free) - smorgasbord style with great fresh doughnuts!

Best lunchtime steak
      Aces Bar and Grill in the market (well, their steaks would be good wouldn't they, with all those wonderful suppliers on their doorstep!)

Best adult buffet
      Hilton Hotel lunchtime

Best indian with great selection of beers
      Ice n Spice (Port Adelaide)

Best chinese
      Raffles Room, Tea Tree Gully

Best Greek
      Argo Hellenic in Commercial Road Port Adelaide
      Last edited by Diane; 23-07-2009 at 09:54 AM.
      duncans likes this.
      Sometimes the grass will appear greener on the other side because it has been fertilised by bull****

Quote Originally Posted by duncans View Post
      Hi everyone,
      Coming to visit the middle of August,just wondered if people could recommend some places to eat in and around Adelaide.Hiring a car so don't mind where,also is Hogs Breath Cafe still good we used to love eating there?
      Any recommendations would be appreciated.:)
      I would steer well clear of Hogs Breath at Glenelg but the others might be ok. If you like Indian food I recommend Charminar on Brighton Road, Brighton.

For Pasta meals you can't really go wrong at Fasta Pasta, and the prices are very reasonable too.

For a good all-you-can-eat buffet meal, it would have to be either Fresh Choice (Sturt Road Marion) or Charlies Diner on Brighton Road, Brighton (yes, very near the above-mentioned Charminar as it happens!) Charlies is the ONLY restaurant I have so far found in Adelaide where you can actually get soup with proper baps!!!! In my opinion it's almost worth a trip just for that!

If you fancy Pizza Hut, there's now only ONE in Adelaide that isn't just a take-away, and that's the one outside Westfield Marion.

Sadly there really aren't many pubs where you can get a decent pub meal anymore. Nearly every pub in Adelaide has become a 'Gastro-pub" (nasty weird stuff with fancy names and very very fancy prices!!!) but if anyone knows of a pub where you can still get real food at sensible prices please do let me know.
      Last edited by pushbutton; 23-07-2009 at 10:28 AM.
      duncans likes this.

422 times
      Star of Greece at Willinga. Nicest meal I've ever had.
      Apparently Kylie Minogue pops in there quite often.

153 times
      Gouger St in the city has every type of multi-cultural cuisine available (or almost) .......
      The Parade at Norwood also has lots of choice
      Ditto King William Road at Hyde Park ... just outside of the main city area

Brighton (beachside) has good cafes, pubs and family orientated dining as does the Seacliff Hotel (a pub) just south of Brighton and also on the beach

I'm sure you'll find lots of different options available ....... and will return home heavier!
      duncans likes this.

Thanku for all your great recommendations can't wait to try some of them out.

Hallett Cove
      240 times
      Seacliffe hotel does fantastic food, sit out on the balcony and watch the sun go down over the ocean!!

South Plympton, Adelaide
      34 times
      The Wharf in Glenelg at the marina is fantastic and does really nice food.

duncans likes this.

If you want a superb steak place I say "The Stag" on Rundle St in the city, we havent been here that long but thats the place that stands out!
      Also "Good life" Organic pizza place is fab, theres 3 in the city, one in Glenelg,North Adelaide and City centre.
      duncans likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums