• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Reccie to Adelaide

Glenelg is fab!!!;)

Theres a few places you could stay here:

You can hire bikes at the Glenelg cycle shop.....hire surf boards by the beach...take a boat ride to dolphin spot.....or jump on the tram and be in the city in 20 mins!!

We flew with Singapore airlines and they were spot on!

whatever you decide, enjoy x

Adelaide Hills
      199 times
      Singapore Air were great, couldnt recommend them enough! Have tried China Air and Qantas but preferred Singapore. As previously said, can be slightly more expensive, but after flying China Air believe me, it was worth it. Nothing was too much trouble for them and we were well fed and watered. We made an 18 stop at Singapore, booked the hotel there, had a kip, a shower and a meal and of course a swim in the roof top pool (lovely!) before boarding for Adelaide which took 6.5hrs and felt really quick after the 13 hr flight from Manchester to Singapore!! Hotel costs 45 per room per block of 6 hrs. There were 3 of us in the one room and it cost 135 for the whole 18 hr stop and was well worth it!!

Good luck and enjoy your trip

we too did singapore air and the stop over hotel was great to have a bath and a sleep felt really refreshed and we had 3 much smaller children 8,5, and 2 at the time
      when we came on our reccie with quantas we had 4 flights with a few hours at each air port better to have a longer wait and singapore and be able to use the stopover hotel

Thank you so much. That would be great!

Can I just say, you have all bee wonderful and very informative.

I just hope we get a visa now?

Kids can't wait and the whole famiyl is always looking at everything to do with Australia. Our boys will surely love the layed back and sporty lifestyle...

Previously London, now Glenelg
      32 times

Hire Car

Contact Johnny at Ace Cars for a hire car, we arrived 4 weeks ago and he picked us up, took us to the office to do the paperwork and off we went. His rates are BRILLIANT! Just say you've been recommended and he'll give you a much better deal than the bigger companies.

Thanks. I've put all the info in my 'OZ' folder on my PC.

Really helpful.x

Hi there, we are from Essex too, where are you from?? hubbie just passed his vetassess and just lodged state sponsor, getting scary now!! We wanted to do a reccie but there is 6 of us and a baby due in Oct so we gona take the plunge and do it in one hit when it all happens!! re the flights i work for Thomas Cook and Jan 18 to March 18 some good fares with Cathay. Priced up one ways for 6 of us Jan 18th and 2992 total. Obvoiusly it dont help much if you got to go in December, thought would let you know. Do you have any ideas about where to settle?? We were originally heading for Brisbane and found a place we really liked called Pacific Pines which had everything for families in a little community but had to change to Sth Oz cos of job list changing. If you come across any areas that are close to everything eg school, college, a pub (tavern), shops etc please could you let us know. Thanks and good luck
      Rain and Neil

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums