Some cheap housing in Adelaide's north

Guest Guest75

No such thing as cheap housing in North Adelaide. If you mean north of Adelaide, perhaps.... same as south of Adelaide. North Adelaide has to be one of the most sought after (read 'expensive') suburbs in the whole of South Australia. The Mayfair of the Adelaide Monopoly Board (if the Barossa hadn't stolen that first)!

Sorry Tyke but those houses are not in North Adelaide, they are in the far northern suburbs of Adelaide. I doubt if you could buy a garage for that price in North Adelaide (although I'm sure someone on here will find a way to prove me wrong).

Guest Guest75
No such thing as cheap housing in North Adelaide. If you mean north of Adelaide, perhaps.... same as south of Adelaide. North Adelaide has to be one of the most sought after (read 'expensive') suburbs in the whole of South Australia. The Mayfair of the Adelaide Monopoly Board (if the Barossa hadn't stolen that first)!

My mistake on the title - please adjust to "Cheap housing in Adelaide's North" please.

Guest Guest12727
The best part of the article is the comments. Smiled at "I would rather live in Gaza". :cute:

For anyone to suggest that anywhere in Adelaide, or Australia, comes anywhere close to the horrors of living somewhere like Gaza, where innocent men, women and children are being shelled and bombed day and night is an absolute disgrace. To then comment on this as making you smile is beyond belief. Shame on you and those who have liked this.

Guest Guest14361
For anyone to suggest that anywhere in Adelaide, or Australia, comes anywhere close to the horrors of living somewhere like Gaza, where innocent men, women and children are being shelled and bombed day and night is an absolute disgrace. To then comment on this as making you smile is beyond belief. Shame on you and those who have liked this.

:notworthy:

Guest Guest75

To put this into context............... there is a saying "Like Beirut" . It is a general-ism, I've used it as I have uttered "It looks like the Somme battlefield". I'm not condoning any parody or lack of taste but I think that what was intended - but a bit too topical.

Are we going to be chastised for saying "My God" or "Hell"???:skeptical:

I note some could not wait to wear the shoe on the other foot:mad:

Anyway, I honestly posted what I thought might be an interesting link regarding Adelaide - interesting for those intending to make the move / helpful on research - no malice or devilment intended.

I do think some people on here get outraged rather too easily. In the interests of giving them a bit more of what they like I'd like to say to each and every one of them a very heartfelt ... tough ****!

Some people love to be offended. And some might look for a better way to get rid of their tension.

Guest Guest12727

Tyke, there was absolutely nothing wrong with your original post, it was / is of interest. While I have been chastised on here for my high moral stand, I would like people to stop and think about what they are posting at times. Implying that any region in Adelaide is worse than Gaza is completely different from saying something that looks like a bomb has hit it looks like Beirut, one is a common saying, the other is misguided.

I have a nephew by marriage in the army in Israel. Everyday we wonder and hope that if he is OK. I have family who live in the Northern suburbs, Elizabeth and Munno Para. I don't think from one day to the next whether they are okay, any more or less that family in central and southern suburbs of Adelaide, WA, Qld and NT.

This does not mean that I condone in anyway the Palestinian/Israeli war. All war is a terrible waste and many innocent lives are lost to satisfy the egos of a minority who think they are right and everyone else is wrong.

Tyke, I recall you talking of personal tragedy affecting the way you viewed the plane crash comments you are now speaking of. I am very disappointed at the comments on this thread where people are very quick to support 'a joke'. Wouldn't it be nice if for once people turned around and said 'sorry that was bad taste', rather than all the jumping to defend comments.

FYI, my comment on the plane crash thread was removed by the mods as soon as I posted it. All I said was that the poster (Nobby's) was scaremongering. I find the removal of some posts by the mods while others are left is baffling.

.....end of my rant on this matter. I would rather get back to helping people, as you had intended Tyke.

Tyke, there was absolutely nothing wrong with your original post, it was / is of interest. While I have been chastised on here for my high moral stand, I would like people to stop and think about what they are posting at times. Implying that any region in Adelaide is worse than Gaza is completely different from saying something that looks like a bomb has hit it looks like Beirut, one is a common saying, the other is misguided.

I have a nephew by marriage in the army in Israel. Everyday we wonder and hope that if he is OK. I have family who live in the Northern suburbs, Elizabeth and Munno Para. I don't think from one day to the next whether they are okay, any more or less that family in central and southern suburbs of Adelaide, WA, Qld and NT.

This does not mean that I condone in anyway the Palestinian/Israeli war. All war is a terrible waste and many innocent lives are lost to satisfy the egos of a minority who think they are right and everyone else is wrong.

Tyke, I recall you talking of personal tragedy affecting the way you viewed the plane crash comments you are now speaking of. I am very disappointed at the comments on this thread where people are very quick to support 'a joke'. Wouldn't it be nice if for once people turned around and said 'sorry that was bad taste', rather than all the jumping to defend comments.

Oh come on Tyke - I consider you a friend and I definitely don't mean to offend in anyway but even you must be able to see that Howde has a point here. If the Premier of SA can see that the turn of events that occurred in Families SA recently was wrong and said so then surely you can see that there is a lot of truth in what Howde has said, especially as it has hit a "personal" issue for them. I can see people here being divided and if people think that this forum is just about "fun" then that is not right. We talk about a lot of things and we are all entitled to our opinions. Hopefully it means that the forum becomes a better place for it. Respect goes a long way.

PS Howde - I understand about family being in war zones and how worrying that is.

Edited by Toni

Guest Guest75
Talking about areas and prices. People often mention the likes of Elizabeth ad Munno Para as less desirable areas, why is Hackham and Hackham West not mentioned ?

Is it a step lower down frown Elizabeth, or just because it's smaller and not as many live there?

In all honesty Hackham in general is quite a mixture now. There are some blooming awful streets but some very nice streets as well. The real estate agents know its a good buy as it is "tidying it's act up slowly".

Guest Guest75
Oh come on Tyke - I consider you a friend and I definitely don't mean to offend in anyway but even you must be able to see that Howde has a point here. If the Premier of SA can see that the turn of events that occurred in Families SA recently was wrong and said so then surely you can see that there is a lot of truth in what Howde has said, especially as it has hit a "personal" issue for them. I can see people here being divided and if people think that this forum is just about "fun" then that is not right. We talk about a lot of things and we are all entitled to our opinions. Hopefully it means that the forum becomes a better place for it. Respect goes a long way.

PS Howde - I understand about family being in war zones and how worrying that is.

Point taken Toni :cute::cute:

No offense taken:cute: