• Moneycorp currency Transfers

Construction work advice

Hi folks, Ive recently returned to Oz and was wondering if anyone have any hints or tips for the state of the SA construction industry. Some say its going through a bit of a lull. Im trying to get back in the workforce and was curious to see your thoughts

Retired Member
      1362 times
      after driving through the city yesterday and seeing the amount of sky cranes theres heaps of work, never seen so many since the early 90's

58 times
      There are a few projects on around Adelaide, sadly most of the large scale projects are either government funded or Uni projects. The major residential projects are Bowden and Tonsley (which strictly speaking is a mixed development but which contains housing) - again both gov but to be released in packages via the states development arm URA . The big project on Grenfell St (3 cranes in a row) is the only major private development i know of currently in the CBD. The airport is having terminal 1 expanded, approx $50/60m which will probably start construction in the next year (in design at moment). There's the obvious Adelaide Oval and RAH projects currently underway. In my opinion I suspect there will be little private money coming into the state (in construction terms) until BHP commits itself.