Need a book...Gill Rapley's BLW

Sallyh

With books being not so cheap here we end up buying a fair few from amazon.co.uk, which I don't really mind it doesn't take too long. But I was just wondering about looking for a title second hand, if anyone has it first?

Does anyone have Gill Rapley's Baby Led Weaning book(s) and finished with them enough to sell them to me 2nd hand?

ABA selling it for $30 but its only £6 on Amazon, so there's no contest unless I can get it quicker second hand here?

ooh no hadn't thought of ebay. Will check, thanks! Have you used the book? I'm also interested to hear about others who have done purely BLW, I did it predominantly with DS3, but to be honest it was 2 1/2 yrs ago and I can't really remember what we were eating / cooking (cos we were also selling the house and coming here and it was all a bit of a blur!).

Guest guest3462

How old is your baby? It largely depends on his/her age as to where you can get started, any age before 6 months you need to leave out any gluten. And it is recommended to wait until baby is 6 months old before you start weaning. If you need any advice give me a shout.

JC

Oh yes, she's 6 1/2 mths. Hasn't really had much food yet - few sticks of this and that here and there when they were available. My philosophy on solids is that I won't make purees, she can just have bits and bobs off my plate (where those bits and bobs are appropriate) and I am in no rush! She was born fairly small (for us) 7 lb 6 and is now nearer the top of the percentile charts. I don't care for the charts but basically happy with that as a yard stick to not be in a rush, don't feel she 'needs' food, breastmilk doing great job, and just really wanting to sit her with us playing with food till she starts eating it. I am not planning on spoon feeding her.

Kind of did that with DS3 but didnt have the Gill Rapley book, thought it would be nice to have that this time to get ideas for what we can all be eating, info about what GR thinks about food groups (seem to be getting the impression that BLW proponents are not too worried about the ideas of keeping food back till certain ages, wheat for example).

I won't be giving her dairy or eggs for a long time (not eating them myself either because she is affected by it) but apart from that don't have any plans for excluding things from her diet.

Ah I see you are a health visitor! So did you do BLW or is it through your experience with work that you are interested in BLW? My HV in England was great and gave me some good sheets with food ideas but she's there and I am...here!!! And the sheets are...lost!