Paint and wallpaper!

taffordbark

Can anyone tell me where is the best place to go to buy paint and wallpaper.We have looked in Bunnings,The Decorater centre and other places and they seem to be way expensive in comparrison to B&Q etc back home,plus the staff look at you daft when you ask about wallpaper and think Anaglipta is some greek bird from Athelstone hahaha........any advice would be gratefully appreciated!

Guest Guest5035

theres a place at Paddys Market, Research Road at the junction with Main North Road, can't remember its name. Think its called Parafield paint supplies

Stevo

Guest kangomik

I am told ( by staff in Bunnings) that if you can get a trade account at Salvor (it's spelt wrong but the yellow paint stores) you can expect big discounts.

I have never seen wall paper so can't help there mate

Can anyone tell me where is the best place to go to buy paint and wallpaper.We have looked in Bunnings,The Decorater centre and other places and they seem to be way expensive in comparrison to B&Q etc back home,plus the staff look at you daft when you ask about wallpaper and think Anaglipta is some greek bird from Athelstone hahaha........any advice would be gratefully appreciated!

Paint is not as cheap here as it is in the UK you are looking at $50- $60 for 4 lts at bunnings. Very few places sell wallpaper. Its in to just do one wall as a feature just now (well it will be when oz catches up )Try a search on the web you can mail order I think its a place called Vision wallpaper I have a friends who do a lot wallpapering and they recommend them.

Solver paints do wallpaper, but yes, it's expensive ($100+ per roll) and you have to order it in, can't just pick up all you need and get the job done. I'm having the same trouble now... want to do a feature wall and even that is going to cost $$$s. Solver Paints also seem the cheapest for paint that I've seen, but not used it (having already paid $65 a tin for Dulux!). If you find anywhere, let me know!!

If you want a better discount (approx 50%) give a call or PM me i have a trade account at Wattyl and can get you a good price. If you think you have saved enough to buy me a six pack then everyone wins. :D i cant do it for everyone but a few people here and there and they wont mind, as for wallpaper, dont think the dscount applies to that, but i know people that have brought paper via the internet a bit cheaper.

kevin

Hi cant remember the name of the place but straight on from glenelg past harbour town through

lights and on the left the decorating shop can order wallpaper from a book ,ours only took just over

a` week all the way from Canada ,two rolls 250 dollars a bargin NOT ....

daft but we needed it never being so carefull putting it up in all my life.

it looks lovely though

• 1 year later...

Hi

there are many places to buy wallpaper in adelaide i have links to shops on my website www.brantnewpainters.com.au if you need someone to hang the paper i provide this service also, as you said they are expensive in comparison to store we had in the uk like B&Q this is because they are imported and everything in adelaide is expensive in comparison.

hope this helps and if you have any questions i'd be pleased to help you find the answers.

steve