Items wanted ! Would appreciate anything at all

Guest janmoo

Guest janmoo

Hi folks arriving 4 weeks on sunday and basically we need the lot from a teacup to a car! Ha ha so please think twice before throwing anything out! Either that or throw it out and tell us where the bin is! Seriously guys we are realllllly short of cash hubby hasnt had much work here in uk for last year but we are determined to still forge on with the dream! We have managed to get an apartment to rent but it is unfurnished and we cant afford to ship our stuff from here And the most horrendous part we cant afford to bring our beloved doggie. Omg must go im gonna bawl about her. Shes curled up beside me here on setteee

:sad:

Where will you be living? I need to clear out my plates cupboard so am sure I can find you some bits and pieces in the crockery line, plus I'm sure somewhere in the garage I have a full set (minus one mug which is why it was cheap!) that I bought ages ago.. will get OH to have a sort out tomorrow. If you are bringing laptop, put a post up as soon as you arrive and we'll all turn up bearing stuff! If you're not bringing a laptop, most libraries do free internet access so head for your nearest one and do the same!

Don't worry, I'm sure between us all on here you'll soon be fully fitted out! Can even lend you a dog if you like....

Guest guest569

Ignore them as i have a 3 yr old Rottweiller you can have !!! She'll keep you fit running after her at the beach or moving soil to fill in the holes she'll dig !!!

On the other hand send us a pm of anything you really short of and we'll have a look

Ignore them as i have a 3 yr old Rottweiller you can have !!! She'll keep you fit running after her at the beach or moving soil to fill in the holes she'll dig !!!

On the other hand send us a pm of anything you really short of and we'll have a look

I didn't know you got yourself a Rottie, they are gorgeous, my brother in law has one and he is a gentle giant.....I know what you mean about the holes though....I came home a couple of months ago to find one of our fold up chairs half buried in the garden and him sitting next to it all delighted with himself!!

Hope you guys are doing well x

Guest janmoo
Hi folks arriving 4 weeks on sunday and basically we need the lot from a teacup to a car! Ha ha so please think twice before throwing anything out! Either that or throw it out and tell us where the bin is! Seriously guys we are realllllly short of cash hubby hasnt had much work here in uk for last year but we are determined to still forge on with the dream! We have managed to get an apartment to rent but it is unfurnished and we cant afford to ship our stuff from here And the most horrendous part we cant afford to bring our beloved doggie. Omg must go im gonna bawl about her. Shes curled up beside me here on setteee

:sad:

Omg guys i feel really quite emotional reading these posts. Reckon i need to bulk buy the kleenex for next few weeks. I really appreciate this and will pm you later. We will be living in glenelg close to jetty rd thanks again.

We will be living in glenelg close to jetty rd thanks again.

Its no wonder you can live in Glenelg if your not buying anything!!

Its one of the more expensive areas in Adelaide to live...

Seriously we wish you all the best and let us know when you are here and we will have a look in the cupboards for you.

Just thought the Salvation Army is very good for picking up barging and the one on Brighton road is very good, Or you should have a look in the garage sales at the weekends.

Good look Rb and Mel

Seriously we wish you all the best and let us know when you are here and we will have a look in the cupboards for you.

Just thought the Salvation Army is very good for picking up barging and the one on Brighton road is very good, Or you should have a look in the garage sales at the weekends.

Good look Rb and Mel[/quote

like you said....................glenelg living doesnt quite go with asking for help .................but as newbies i suppose they will work that one out!!!!!

Guest the4hopes

Maybe you could have your dog sent over when you are settled? I feel for you, we had to leave our 2 cats.The last few days with them was terrible : (

Just let everyone know when you get here or just before, most people with have something to help out.

Have a good journey and look forward to a great life. x

Guest cornish Busdriver

Good look Rb and Mel[/quote

like you said....................glenelg living doesnt quite go with asking for help .................but as newbies i suppose they will work that one out!!!!!

Everyones gotta start somewhere, im sure there are loads of members on here that have stuff they no-longer use or need.

I gotta a stainless steel microwave sat in the garage if ya want it?

Now look you guys, it's not fair - I got in first offering the dog, you're not allowed to outbid me!! Mine's a wonderful, intelligent, attractive, fit, demanding, attention-seeking border collie, much nicer than any of these Rotties and stuff!! Take mine, take mine, take mine.....!!!

Can highly recommend a drive round some posher areas on hard waste collection day as well, for some temporary furniture. In fact, during the Festival Season, there is a Hard Waste Cafe set up in the parkland, entirely furnished with stuff collected (for free) from the roadsides!!

Put together a wish list of everything you need and post it up and we'll all tick off anything that we can help you with (as long as you take the dog too!!!)

Guest janmoo

Help i feel bad now because of the glenelg thing and the other post saying we shouldnt be asking for help. We are RENTIng there not buying! I wish lol. And because there is only the two of us we reckon an apartment was the least expensive option. Also we are closer to tram and will hopefully get away with one car. I was serious when i said we are short of cash we have literally enough for flights and a couple of months living expenses.

For all those who offered to help massive thanks im sooo stressed about it all. Basically the kitchen is equipped and there are built in wardrobes and a utility room. But need fridge, tv, couple of chairs to sit on and beds. Also if anyone has an old tv that works that would do til we get sorted preferably one that has eastenders on it! ;)Lol listen thanks esp diane oh and ref the dog im sure we can work out a rota system for the dog walking xxx

if your buying goods and want a good deal a slightly cheaper option if is to check out Radio Rentals at prospect, they have ex-rental stock there you could buy for 100's of dollars less than buying them new, they still have a warranty and if your renting and could be moving from place to place things get bashed or scratched its less heartbreaking . Washing machines, tv's, dvd players etc etc

good luck with the move

Julie

Guest katsmajic

Everyone has to start somewhere, and glenelg is a sensible option - tram lines etc and with no kids i'd be there like a shot....

Recycle shops are fab - salvation army etc, as is a place called the lions in eden hills, some of the stuff is tat theres some great finds there too..but its cheap as.

Peeps on here are wonderful too and helped us when we got here - and we've reciprocated but will have a look what we can dig out that may be of use....

And my dogs bigger than theirs....and loopier than theirs too....;)