Kitten - free to a good home

orrelljet

We visited the RSPCA at Lonsdale some 3 weeks ago and picked up a lovely little chap, Spike, who seems to have settled well. Unfortunately, he looks to be aggravating my asthma so, regretfully, has to go.

He must be just under 6 months now, is chipped, desexed, wormed, defleaed, litter trained and has just had his final booster vaccination. We will also provide everything we were given by the RSPCA and have bought so far, including covered litter tray, cat food, litter, blankets etc.

Spike is a ginger tabby and was seized by the RSPCA, after being attacked by a dog, so really deserves a good home and I'm just sorry it can't be with us.

If you're interested, and would like some photos, drop me your email address and I'll forward some on.

Justin.

As a cat lover myself and not in anyway to be belittling your health issues and not really knowing whether you have tried all avenues already - why not have a look at ways of keeping the cat - within certain boundaries. I have a friend who has asthma (and so do her two boys) and they have managed by using certain strategies. It requires discipline for sure - here is a website with some ideas Cat Allergies - Top Ten Steps for Reducing Allergies to Cats. Also I know that this time of year it is also serious hayfever season so it might not be a good indication of what is the real trigger. If I didn't have two cats already (who don't really get on) I would definitely want your ginger kitty - he sounds lovely. Cheers

...why not have a look at ways of keeping the cat...

Hi Kris and thanks for the reply.

The only one we don't already do on that list is number 9; the cat isn't allowed in bedrooms, we have zero carpets/rugs in the living areas, we have a dyson, all wash our hands after contact and my wife is very house proud.

J.

Have you tried homeopathy? A friend of mine had a husband whose asthma was triggered by her Mum's cat - the homeopath made up some tablets that had some of the cat's hair ground up in them, and after taking them for a bit, his reaction lessened quite significantly.

Worth a try, but if not good luck with rehoming him.

Have you tried homeopathy? A friend of mine had a husband whose asthma was triggered by her Mum's cat - the homeopath made up some tablets that had some of the cat's hair ground up in them, and after taking them for a bit, his reaction lessened quite significantly.

Worth a try, but if not good luck with rehoming him.

Blimey that's a new one on me!

J.

p.s. Wish your friend luck finding a new husband from me ;-)

Guest katsmajic

just try licking the cat for a few days to build up your immunity :biglaugh:

i hope you are able to rehome spike soon - id love a ginger tabby but heaps would brain me - we have 3 now as it is....