OK! - Hold on!!!

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75

Alright - can people slack off on the selling in here please??

There have been some complaints that this community forum is turning into Gumtree.

The for sale section is an added and free bonus to regular,contributing members of this online community.

Posts will be removed without notice if........

You are a new member ( looks like you have just joined to advertise)

Constantly posting ads with no input to the community.

We've not seen you for years , then you reappear to sell.

Guest Nomoreengland

Ok- so am i classed as a contributing member? Ive been a member on this site for about 4 months now. Its a little confusing as to who is "allowed" and who is not to advertise in that case.

Nomoreenglend I do not see a problem in people advertising their services within their signature as this site has been a god send to me since the process began. It is not easy finding somebody or a service when you do not even know where to start looking.

Overall I agree provided members actually contribute and get engaged (in useful conversations rather than bitching) I see no problem in the occasional item for sale / clearout sale so they can benefit other members and new movers.

Again this site, combined with gum tree & freecycle (oh and Garage sales!!!) have been a god send!

Guest Nomoreengland

Yeah i dont dont disagree. I just wondered where you draw the line as to who is classed as "contributers" and who arent. For example, I think my feedback on this site is honest and real; a small minority will disagree>Therefore does this mean im allowed or not allowed to advertise?

Nomoreenglend I do not see a problem in people advertising their services within their signature as this site has been a god send to me since the process began. It is not easy finding somebody or a service when you do not even know where to start looking.

Overall I agree provided members actually contribute and get engaged (in useful conversations rather than bitching) I see no problem in the occasional item for sale / clearout sale so they can benefit other members and new movers.

Again this site, combined with gum tree & freecycle (oh and Garage sales!!!) have been a god send!

Guest Guest75
Dont you use this site as a way of advertising your own serices Tyke?

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

That's a really old chestnut NME.

I think I contribute after the amount of posts I have made in here - and helped countless folk.

But the point is this section.

Think I've used it twice????;)

Alright - can people slack off on the selling in here please??

There have been some complaints that this community forum is turning into Gumtree.

The for sale section is an added and free bonus to regular,contributing members of this online community.

Posts will be removed without notice if........

You are a new member ( looks like you have just joined to advertise)

Constantly posting ads with no input to the community.

We've not seen you for years , then you reappear to sell.

Wait til Christmas is outta the way mate..all those dodgy jumpers and ties that can be posted on here.....:policeman::biglaugh:

HG

The question over who should and should not be allowed to advertise things here was covered around a year ago if I remember correctly. Maybe link the posts so as we can see what was what...?

Anyway, fwiw I think the for sale section is good and should be allowed to flourish as at least it doesn't have the to$$ers that appear in Gumtree. If, however, posts are going to be modded/removed then consider having the courtesy to contact the poster first to see if any issues can be resolved rather than just kill off a post as it'll just look like censorship for no reason and that'll create it's own issues.

I've bought several things from here and so has wifey-pooh and neither of us would like to see this section become stagnant and neither, I suspect, would the vast majority of PIA users.

Just something to consider.

Guest calamitycaz

Yep I'm with Von on this one, for us newcomers it has been an absolute godsend, I can understand if you get frustrated if people are only joining with the intention to sell, but please don't dissuade genuine PIA's from selling / buying on here :nah:

Caz

Guest Guest75
Bring back Wurzel..that's what I say Tyke!!!

And yes I am a bad bad girl!!!!!!!!

Tsk,tsk Nick - as if I have not enough to do!!

Hope ya just get grotty,tasteless socks for Chrimbo!:christmassmilie::christmassmilie::christmassmilie::christmassmilie:

Guest Guest75
Ba Humbug Mr Tyke !!!!:biglaugh:

All these xmas deals on the go and you vet post and get first refusal,

Next you'll be saying there is no perks of being a moderator.:Randy-git:

:biglaugh: Priceless Bob - dunno where you get this from.

Posts are "real time" - so you see what I do.

That means Mods have to be on their toes and catch the poo as it hits PIA.

Hmmm???

Perks????

Constant abuse, questioning your judgement,whatever you do - it's by to be wrong by some Dill.

Luvverly - much easier to be "just" a poster.:biglaugh:

Tsk,tsk Nick - as if I have not enough to do!!

Hope ya just get grotty,tasteless socks for Chrimbo!:christmassmilie::christmassmilie::christmassmilie::christmassmilie:

Socks!!!!! I'm a 43 year old woman for gawd sake!!!!

At least a kettle or toaster!!!!

Guest Guest75

Just to clarify to all.........................

The original post was to ask two things...........

Will people not just join to advertise.

Will people not use the For Sale section too heavily.That is what Gumtree .eBay is for ( we make lots more dosh via them).

Now't wrong with this section if not abused.:cute::cute: