Plumber Needed - Please :)

Guest guest7008

Guest guest7008

Hi, we have recently arrived in Adelaide and have now moved into our new home (yey!!) There is a Washing Machine in the garage that we are allowed to use (we are renting) it has various pipes/hoses etc, but as I am not a plumby type of person not got a clue where to put the pipes or hoses!! so I am looking for a nice person who knows more about plumbing than me - to come and have a look and see if the washing machine is usable and if it is then plumb it in for me :biglaugh: then my kids and husband can stop wearing yucky clothes - lol - any help or contacts be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers all

Guest guest7008
Where are you?

It helps people decide to put there name forward depending on distance!

Rob and Mel in Aberfoyle Park if its near....

Hi all

We are in WEST LAKES :)

Two things - might not need a plumber if there are taps there already (if not, then you will and the plumber to "chase" the pipe).

Not meaning to be patronising, but if there are taps, just screw the supplied washing machine hoses (or buy a pair from an electrical place) onto the taps and turn on (after the next bit).

The ribbed hose goes into the outlet (drain), meaning that you can put it straight into the dolly tub next to it or wherever else it goes, e.g. drain in the floor. It should be o.k. then to go. Try it first with a short rinse cycle so that you know it works.

The other thing is that with it being a rental place, surely the landlord's responsibility to make sure that you have this; if not, get them to order the plumber, or if YOU have to, get receipts and request that they reimburse you for it (100%). It is an expected thing to be able to wash your clothes, not like saying "hey, we want a new veranda, put it up" and something way out of the ordinary.

Check http://pubreg.ocba.sa.gov.au/pubreg/pubreg_jsp/index.html to see that they are licensed as well...if not, DO NOT use them. This register is gold.

pm me (private message) for a plumber (which is not me :) ) - very good, over 25yrs experience and fair charges, NE suburbs and could probably do West Lakes.

Why an electrical place?

Any DIY store would be cheaper or a plumbing supplies place.

Rob

Hey, I was only saying....messenger, shoot, don't... ?

The place where I got mine was a certain SA franchise with a yellow and black colour scheme (not to be too obvious), but wherever you can get it at whatever price - and hopefully they are all standard fittings.

Each to their own as to wherever is easier, cheaper or closer for them.

Guest guest7008

thanks all :) we have located the hoses and the drain thingy and we will try and do the washing machine ourselves and see how we get on :) ta again !!