UHF CB Wanted

minty

What sort do you want? in dash or hide away? 40 or 80 channel?

Mike

OK have to admit I know nothing about CBs but as far as I know everyone still is on UHF ? (or has it changed). Don't mind how many channels or where it sits just as long as when I breakdown (or get stuck being stupid) and there is no phone signal I have a chance someone will hear me begging for help before the banjo players find me.

Guest Barney Rubble

you could upgrade your phone . . . . .

If your with Optus or Vodaphone they do an upgrade package which includes a carrier pigeon:biglaugh:

Or a satellite phone ?

Bummer is i gave away an 80 channel CB radio about 6 months ago :wacko:

Guest yogi64

A Sat phone is an expensive item to have just sitting around, better sticking to a CB, we hire one if we're going on a big trip but that's it, still UHF.

I'll see what I can get for you, do you have an antenna?

Mike

A Sat phone is an expensive item to have just sitting around, better sticking to a CB, we hire one if we're going on a big trip but that's it, still UHF.

I'll see what I can get for you, do you have an antenna?

Mike

Yes have an antenna just no CB to make the antenna usefull. Where a outs in Adelaide are you Mike ?

Guest yogi64

No way, we have everything on our door step here, I work at Smithfield and my wife works in Gawler, only 1/2 hour drive for me with one set of traffic lights, bliss, good pubs, food and shops, fantastic community spirit, with loads of event trough the year, a primary school, high school and excellent hospital, oh and of course the Barossa and Clare valleys just down the road.

Your always welcome to come and visit and that's open to everybody, we're proud of what we have up here.

Mike

Guest yogi64

Now that is a long story but the short is we met some friends for a BBQ and fell for the place / area, we were staying in a short term government rental at the time and done a lot of house hunting but it pretty much had it all here.

OK have to admit I know nothing about CBs but as far as I know everyone still is on UHF ? (or has it changed). Don't mind how many channels or where it sits just as long as when I breakdown (or get stuck being stupid) and there is no phone signal I have a chance someone will hear me begging for help before the banjo players find me.

Oh yes, what was that film called,, deliverence? lol, you'll need more than a cb if that happens.. oink oink.