Wanted: Maxi Cosi baby capsule / car seat before Feb!

Aquacatrina

Hi I' m wondering if anyone's likely to be selling a Maxi Cosi Cabrio , Cabriofix or Bubble baby car seat between now and the start of Feb (when my baby's due). Despite being very popular car seats in the Uk, they're not sold over here, which is a pity as they attach to my micralite buggy, making it suitable for a newborn. I'm keeping an eye on Gumtree, EBay and Adelaide Baby Bargains but have only spotted them interstate so far.

cheers

Cat

Hi I' m wondering if anyone's likely to be selling a Maxi Cosi Cabrio , Cabriofix or Bubble baby car seat between now and the start of Feb (when my baby's due). Despite being very popular car seats in the Uk, they're not sold over here, which is a pity as they attach to my micralite buggy, making it suitable for a newborn. I'm keeping an eye on Gumtree, EBay and Adelaide Baby Bargains but have only spotted them interstate so far.

cheers

Cat

If they are not sold in Aus then chances are its because they don't meet Aus standards and are therefore illegal and not meant to be used in cars. Chances are the only people selling them are those who brought them in from overseas with them. Selling an illegal car seat is dodgy ground also for the seller.

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/transport-shipping/24721-car-seats-australia-what-you-need-know.html

Maxi Cosi design and sell a few seats in Aus (Dorel or ICG or some such also they are called in Aus) but some of them don't rate highly in the Aus standards. IIRC they do design an infant carrier (capsule) for the Aus market that will fit various pushchairs but cannot recall how it is rated by CREP. You can see the CREP results for Aus standards approved car seats here

http://www.crep.com.au/crep-results.php

And view ICG Dorel (Maxi Cosi) seats available in Aus here. Maybe some will be compatible with your travel system.

http://www.igcdorel.com.au/

Thanks for that - I'm actually after the capsule primarily for using on the buggy than necessarily in the car as it would mean I could use the same buggy throughout - it doesn't quite lie flat enough for a newborn. There is a carrycot attachment but again - not available easily in Australia! Having gone through various buggies last time round, my micralite won hands down (and at $175 for a new one here in Aus is worth a few workarounds in the first few months)!

Thanks for that - I'm actually after the capsule primarily for using on the buggy than necessarily in the car as it would mean I could use the same buggy throughout - it doesn't quite lie flat enough for a newborn. There is a carrycot attachment but again - not available easily in Australia! Having gone through various buggies last time round, my micralite won hands down (and at $175 for a new one here in Aus is worth a few workarounds in the first few months)!

Hi

I have a Cabriofix black/capachino only used for about 3 months back in the Uk, we live near you, drop us a pm. :biggrin: